Pre-Match Thread - Cup Final 8 of 10

imavillan

16 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Wont happen, but I wondered last night if we'd take advantage of having an advantage over Spurs and rest some players for this ahead of the 2nd leg - I think quite a few would benefit from a week between games.

Olsen

Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Munroe

Iroegbunam Luiz

Diaby Rodgers Zaniolo

Duran

Gives Digne, McGinn, Bailey and Watkins a rest, whilst taking no chances with Martinez and Tielemans.

We can't take chances on a game like this.  We've worked all season to get top 4

• Like 3

If we win both games this week then the key players can have the last 2 weekends of the PL season off.  We have to go full strength.  At least Pau will be fresh, Rogers came off fairly early on Thursday so should be reasonably fresh.  Can always bring Carlos in for Cash and Zaniolo for Diaby if we really want.  I just hope Emi is back, needless to say I'd feel so much more comfortable.

Brighton missing quite a few players. Their team picks itself 

Steele 

Veltman

Dunk

Webster

Barco

Gross

Gilmour

Enciso

Pedro

Adingra

Wellbeck

Still a decent team tbf. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Steele 

Veltman

Dunk

Webster

Barco

Gross

Gilmour

Enciso

Pedro

Adingra

Wellbeck

Still a decent team tbf. 

It is decent. When I saw their list of absentees I didn’t realise they’d be able to still field a pretty good side. 

I’d take a point to be honest. I think the Spurs game bizarrely is of more interest than ours simply because we just look absolutely hopeless and tired at the moment to the point we may not pick up another win all season. 

If you told me we’d lose tomorrow but so would Spurs, I’d bite your hand off.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’d take a point to be honest. I think the Spurs game bizarrely is of more interest than ours simply because we just look absolutely hopeless and tired at the moment to the point we may not pick up another win all season. 

Nah, I reckon we can get a 1-0 win tomorrow and I think Spurs will lose. By 19:00 tomorrow we could be CL guaranteed 🤞🏼 💪🏼

23 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

A lot will depend who is in goal for us. 

Really hoping it is Martinez as I think that will give everyone a boost.

100% agree... has to be Martinez.

2 hours ago, ben1505 said:

100% agree... has to be Martinez.

I tend to agree , but we need a team performance that was utter crap on Thursday no intensity or composure and the gift that keeps on giving poor goals we concede.

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well yeah mathematically us both losing would be better than us drawing and them winning. Not good for the confidence though. The danger is if we drop points, it will give spurs a glimmer of hope I don’t want them to have going into their game straight after ours finishes. 

13 hours ago, omariqy said:

Steele 

Veltman

Dunk

Webster

Barco

Gross

Gilmour

Enciso

Pedro

Adingra

Wellbeck

Still a decent team tbf. 

This team looks very narrow, should be able to out flank them…

:trollface:

OH WHAT A NIGHT...
BLUES ON DISNEY ON A TUESDAY NIGHT... 
PLAYING WREXHAM CUZ THEY’RE F@£k!n SHITE 
WHAT A FEELING WHAT A NIGHT!.. 
🥳🍻🎶🤣🎵🍻🎶🤣🥳🎵😎🍻🎶😂🎵

Y1ZjDrt.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not super confident for this game, just for the reason it seems we've beaten them so many times recently that it feels as though they're long due a win against us. Although we're in a good position overall with so few games left, so whatever happens will be still hopeful for top four

If Martinez plays I think we'll win, if Olsen plays I don't want to think about it. We've won games with him in goal before but he seems to gift the opposition at least 2 goals every game. 

Hopefully Martinez fit to start and Tielemans and Moreno can make the bench. I'd go same team that played so well and beat Arsenal a couple of weeks ago, with only Luiz (who needs a good performance) in for Tielemans who won't be fit enough to start:

Martinez

Konsa Carlos Torres Digne

Luiz McGinn

Diaby Rogers Zaniolo

Watkins

Subs: Gauci, Cash, Lenglet, Moreno, KKH, Iroegbunam, Tielemans, Bailey, Duran