I think it might be past your bedtime. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

7 points ahead of Spurs, +7 GD....

I would rather be us than them!

Simple....

Shhh. We don’t want common sense posts 😉 

• Haha 2

It was a hard earned point that's for sure, ref allowed alot of physical contact which doesn't suit us, Chelsea are a big team and individually they have some Great players. Happy with a point, worried about the injuries tbh, Tim did well, he was more affective than......

10 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

? Their 1st goal when we were playing it out from the back ?

The 2nd goal caught in no man's land ?

The disallowed goal where he was yet again out of position causing all kinds of panic ? 

His 'save' with his arm looked more like he was calling for offside than trying to save it, he was gash and spread panic in the defence, as he 95% of the time does.

Don’t rate him do you ? Managed to make up a case for your argument with piss poor evidence I’m afraid. No one else played a part in any of the goals then ?

Edited by smg
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I understand you’re upset about the performance, but give him some credit. It’s very difficult for keepers to come on at half time without a proper warm up. Olsen was brave the corners and took some good crosses. Made a great save when Diego messed up. Not even Emi was saving the second goal. 

It's his gerenal positioning, his lack of command of defenders and his own area. 

He claimed a couple decent balls, he also was in no man's land and was at fault for the one he saved , that was entirely his making, the defender thinking they could pass back, couldnt, because olsen had left himself stranded. He could hace called for the ball and cleared it or could have stayed back, he did neither, which they then had the corner and had a disallowed goal from.

He's probably had 2 or maybe 3 good games for us... in his whole villa career. Against spurs ? No shots on target bar one which Ashley Young cleared off the line.

Bring on the crazy aussie, he can't be any less reliable.

Just now, NorthEastVillan said:

Glad Glen Hoddle is at least not blinkered enough like every other person on BT Sports. FFS it was a blatant foul, decision by VAR was 100 correct. Get over it.

I like how Joe Cole said that VAR has robbed the game of a magical moment with a 95th Chelsea winner, even though it was a foul.

Not sure he understands the actual reason people think VAR is shit.

• Like 2

Morgan Rogers on his celebration: "He [Cole Palmer] definitely copied me. It's my celebration. Check the timeline, I did it first. He's one of my closest friends in life. I couldn't be more proud of him."

Villa victory.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

7 points ahead of Spurs, +7 GD....

I would rather be us than them!

Simple....

They have to win their 3 games in hand to go above us now. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watched the Gallagher goal. What the hell was Tim doing backing off but standing so far away from the ball?

I said in the match thread his lack of confidence and experience shows. We are down to the bare bones in midfield and he’s not doing the basics. It’s a big mistake that I hope he learns from. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Emi is the conductor of both our defence and attack.

Without him at the back to start the attack we were paralyzed.

Well then we are a very weak team.

Just now, Xela said:

They have to win their 3 games in hand to go above us now. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City. 

Arsenal (H), Chelsea (A), Liverpool (A) - they could easily get 0 points from their next 3 games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Just looked at that stats: **** me we were shocking.

How Chelsea haven’t won I really don’t know, they’ll be kicking themselves. One of our worst performances of the season against a team who got twatted by Arsenal 4 days ago.

Unai needs to learn how to play against these high press teams, because he clearly screwed up tonight in whatever he was trying to do.

Don Unai has beaten Man City , Arsenal x 2 , Brighton, and other teams that are high pressing. Chelsea and Newcastle are counter pressing. 

3 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watched the Gallagher goal. What the hell was Tim doing backing off but standing so far away from the ball?

Palmer was next to him and made the slightest of feints that made him worry that Gallagher would play the ball through to him behind Tim, so Tim hesitated. However, Pau would have had Palmer easily. Tim was playing midfield; he's got to let his backline worry about this. It was a definite mistake by a young player not fully used to the system.

22 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

This weak mentality bollocks gets wheeled out every time don’t win game. This is the same team that had the mentality to play out the back against one of the best pressing teams in the league at the Emirates the other week but now they’re all bottlers?

They're probably **** knackered is what they are after a 50+ game season where we’ve barely been able to rotate through countless injuries - including another two today.

Laughable really… can barely recall the last time we were in the top 4 and there for so long… and never have we played such wonderful football…

wouldn’t call that mentally weak 😆

Players are worn out and too many feckin injuries!!! New experience for many of them… learning so much under the genius of King Unai…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, smg said:

Don’t rate him do you ? Managed to make up a case for your argument with piss poor evidence I’m afraid. No one else played a part in any of the goals then ?

Tonight and in 95% of the time he has had to play ? No, he averages at least 2 goals conceded per game. Not ideal really is it ? 

He was terrible as were 3 or 4 others tonight.

As a team we were terrible in the second half.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I like how Joe Cole said that VAR has robbed the game of a magical moment with a 95th Chelsea winner, even though it was a foul.

Not sure he understands the actual reason people think VAR is shit.

He's always a complete clown whenever he's on the box. Just doesn't understand how you need to be impartial if you work in the media.

Blaming VAR for getting a decision correct as it robbed Chelsea. Wish I watched the match on mute tbh.

Â