Best Sitcom of All Time

Rds1983

Was debating at work what the best sitcom of all time was and thought I'd put it to a vote? The one you could go back to and rewatch again and again.

Before I add options I thought I'd get some recommendations from you all, as there's just too many greats and some very popular ones that I've never got into for some reason.

I'm probably missing some big ones but those that spring to mind are:

IT Crowd

Community 

Always Sunny

Peep Show

The Office

Spaced

Father Ted

Only Fools and Horses

Fawlty Towers

Seinfeld

Parcs and Rec

Have I missed anything major?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IT Crowd - very funny, but after a few watches, it loses the appeal

Community - can't comment as never watch

Always Sunny - right, I loved Always, watching during covid days. but I think I binged it a bit too much and started finding it a bit predictable (which is obviously not what it is). I rank it highly, but think I need to get back to it.

Peep Show - I could put any episode on right now and still laugh as much as I did the first time.

The Office - See Peep Show

Spaced - Loved it, but watching it now, it feels very 'of it's time'. Not a criticism, just hasn't aged as well as it could have.

Father Ted - See Peep Show / The Office

Only Fools and Horses - The Gary Neville of sitcoms. A consistent 7/10 for many years, never exceptional, never let you down.

Fawlty Towers - Yeah, was alright, but these days? Nah.

Seinfeld - In the bin. 

Parcs and Rec - can't comment as never watch.

My opinion, but I'd also add Bottom (is that a sitcom?) and Coupling into the list, because both of those deserve credit.

Great thread BTW.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Was debating at work what the best sitcom of all time was and thought I'd put it to a vote? The one you could go back to and rewatch again and again.

Before I add options I thought I'd get some recommendations from you all, as there's just too many greats and some very popular ones that I've never got into for some reason.

I'm probably missing some big ones but those that spring to mind are:

IT Crowd

Community 

Always Sunny

Peep Show

The Office

Spaced

Father Ted

Only Fools and Horses

Fawlty Towers

Seinfeld

Parcs and Rec

Have I missed anything major?

Excellent choices. Community, Always Sunny and Parks and Rec are just superb. Father Ted and The IT Crowd are nonstop hilarious.

I might be tempted to add Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Black Books and Yes Minister (which is utter genius imo)

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Excellent choices. Community, Always Sunny and Parks and Rec are just superb. Father Ted and The IT Crowd are nonstop hilarious.

I might be tempted to add Blackadder, Red Dwarf, Black Books and Yes Minister (which is utter genius imo)

Blackadder - loved it, but one of those shows that was as good as it was shit. Couple of series, amazing, the rest are quite difficult to watch these days.

Altho, the ending, think it was probably the first time I cried and I'm from a broken home. Amazing scene.

Hancock's Half Hour

Lenin of the Rovers

Operation Good Guys

Welcome To Our Village Please Invade Carefully

Father Ted

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder 2, 3 & 4

IT Crowd

Black Books

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Hancock's Half Hour

Lenin of the Rovers

Operation Good Guys

Welcome To Our Village Please Invade Carefully

Father Ted

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder 2, 3 & 4

IT Crowd

Black Books

Oooh Hancock, that deserves a place just for its sheer originality and influence. It was also genuinely hilarious too.

• Like 1

Â