Best Sitcom of All Time

Rds1983

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Have I ever mentioned that time at Uni when I had a split screen TV so me and a mate spent a whole Saturday afternoon watching four seasons of Peep Show and playing 26 games of Pro Evo. Must've had a bout 15 stellas as well and then went out to 5th Ave on the piss waaaaay. Best day of my life to be honest.

Wait, did I used to live with you?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Wait, did I used to live with you?

Wellington Road? We were the self-styled Kings thereof, at least according to our WiFi hotspot name.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Wellington Road? We were the self-styled Kings thereof, at least according to our WiFi hotspot name.

Haha, not far off, I was on Ladybarn Lane in a 9 bedroom monstrosity. 

Kings of nothing though, except possibly highest volume of doner meat between the gaps of the sofa.

4 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Haha, not far off, I was on Ladybarn Lane in a 9 bedroom monstrosity. 

Kings of nothing though, except possibly highest volume of doner meat between the gaps of the sofa.

Your bus stop would've been conveniently located next to Chicken King if you chose to eat after the bus home rather than before. Did you ever go for a house party at ~81 Mauldeth Road? That place has a bank vault inside, great for raves.

11 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

If I had to pick just one, it'd be a struggle between Community and Spaced.

Of anything relatively recent, Community is my favourite.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Your bus stop would've been conveniently located next to Chicken King if you chose to eat after the bus home rather than before. Did you ever go for a house party at ~81 Mauldeth Road? That place has a bank vault inside, great for raves.

Haha! I don't think so.  I had some friends live at 54 in the couple of post uni years.

Most the parties I went to were in the Albion/Furness Road area.  What years were you in Fallowfield?

Better stay on topic.  I like some sitcoms but I don't likr other ones

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, sne said:

First couple seasons of Coupling were funny from what I remember.

Yep, I remember it dying quite the death when Richard Coyle (Jeff) left the show. It was clear he was the funniest character but until he left I didn’t realise just how much the show was reliant on him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Yep, I remember it dying quite the death when Richard Coyle (Jeff) left the show. It was clear he was the funniest character but until he left I didn’t realise just how much the show was reliant on him.

Yeah very much so.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Haha! I don't think so.  I had some friends live at 54 in the couple of post uni years.

Most the parties I went to were in the Albion/Furness Road area.  What years were you in Fallowfield?

Better stay on topic.  I like some sitcoms but I don't likr other ones

Our lives during a university drunken haze in the Manchester suburbs could've made a sitcom.

I've lived in Oak House in the 06/07 season, Welly Road 07/08-08/09, Heathside/Heyscroft Rds 09/10, Mouldy Rd 10/11, St. Paul's Rd, 11/12-13/14 perhaps, then I had a half season loan at Cambridge, came back up in an apt on Deansgate for 14/15 with a fellow Villan randomly, then 15/16-16/17 on Burton Rd back down South, then I had a brief stint for Cracovia before having a last loan spell back in the UK at Stanton Gardens around 17/18 before finally retiring at Cracovia.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

03/04 Cambridge Halls - Hulme

04/05 & 05/06 Ladybarn Lane

06/07 Egerton Road

07/08 St Paul's Road

08/09 Goulden Road (off Burton Road)

09/10 Didsbury Point

Then transferred out to South Korea.  Bit of a journeyman until my last 11 years spent in Oxfordshire.

I do also like how uni and post uni house rentals correlate with football seasons.  .

I can also confirm that I watched sitcoms in all of these locations!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

03/04 Cambridge Halls - Hulme

04/05 & 05/06 Ladybarn Lane

06/07 Egerton Road

07/08 St Paul's Road

08/09 Goulden Road (off Burton Road)

09/10 Didsbury Point

Then transferred out to South Korea.  Bit of a journeyman until my last 11 years spent in Oxfordshire.

I do also like how uni and post uni house rentals correlate with football seasons.  .

I can also confirm that I watched sitcoms in all of these locations!

We’re getting closer now, did you live in one of the apartments on little St. Paul’s road? We might’ve even lived in the same flat at different times! Would’ve made a good location for the best sitcom of all time by the way.

I always find myself going back to Peep Show, the Alan Partridge Compendium  from KMKYWAP to TTWAP, Curb,  Father Ted, Spaced and Thick of It. I'm ready for Darkplace again.  

Not sure if it counts as a sitcom as such, but Day Today. 

The Let Down is also fantastic, if a slightly traumatic watch at times this close to having children. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm going to say it. I'm going to say it then leave the thread.

Peep show? Poop show, more like. 

I like Peep show but can only watch a few episodes at a time. Funny, but gets infuriating pretty quickly.

Keeps it way off the top of the charts for me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Not sure if it counts as a sitcom as such, but Day Today

It kind of was at the time, but now it’s just the actual real news 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

We’re getting closer now, did you live in one of the apartments on little St. Paul’s road? We might’ve even lived in the same flat at different times! Would’ve made a good location for the best sitcom of all time by the way.

Lived in 1A, first house on the left as enter from Parsonage Road side

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Genie said:

Friends

As funny as a hole in the head. For teenagers with no sense of humour.

Anyway, for me it has to be OFAH, Fawlty Towers and Porridge.

9 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

As funny as a hole in the head. For teenagers with no sense of humour.

Anyway, for me it has to be OFAH, Fawlty Towers and Porridge.

tbf I was just responding to the question of major shows missed off the list.

It was good at the time but hasn’t aged well for a variety of reasons and doesn’t deserve a place in the hall of fame.

Â