Bariş Alper Yilmaz

Gompedyret

23 year old right winger, according to Transfermarkt.

Seems we're interested, and we might even have submitted the first bid already.

https://sportwitness.co.uk/aston-villa-continue-negotiations-signing-making-offer-villans-proposal-e7m-short/

At the weekend, we covered claims from Turkey that Aston Villa have stepped up a gear in their efforts to sign Galatasaray’s Barış Alper Yılmaz.

It was also said Aston Villa will sit at the negotiating table with Galatasaray for the winger, after signing Nicolò Zaniolo on loan from them last summer.

Unai Emery’s side have taken further steps to secure the 23-year-old’s services, according to Hürriyet.

It’s claimed Aston Villa have made an €18m offer for the Turkey international but this may not be enough for them to acquire his signature.

Barış Alper Yılmaz has starred for the Istanbul club this season, managing six goals and nine assists from 50 games, and his deal lasts until 2027.

After the Villans tabled the bid, the report says Galatasaray requested €25m to part ways with the attacker.

Despite the difference, the ‘negotiations continue’ for the player, whose valuation could rise if he were to impress for his country at the Euros.

Hürriyet don’t mention if Aston Villa are ready to raise their offer for Barış Alper Yılmaz, but do state he’s followed by other clubs, including Napoli.

• Like 1

He seems to have played full back quite a bit this season too. Could be one of those Emery specials, sign a player and change his position. 

Edited by CVByrne

Just now, CVByrne said:

He seems to have played full back quite a bit this season too

Versatile, fast, strong by the looks of it - so could well fit in the 'Moreno' role 

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Versatile, fast, strong by the looks of it - so could well fit in the 'Moreno' role 

Yes, very much so, seems happy to play Left side or Right side. Might be very proficient with both feet. If we're building a squad with 5 CBs with Pau / Konsa able to play LB/RB then a versatile player like this would be good to add to the squad.

Just now, CVByrne said:

Yes, very much so, seems happy to play Left side or Right side. Might be very proficient with both feet. If we're building a squad with 5 CBs with Pau / Konsa able to play LB/RB then a versatile player like this would be good to add to the squad.

Yeah, I think so too. I have a feeling that the plan will be Torres - Mings - Konsa - New RB next season - with the RB taking the 'Moreno' role as we switch from back 3 to back 4 dependent on possession. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Doo doo doo, Baris Alper Yilmaz

Done.

Pay me.

No, becaue I've already patented "Bariş Alper Yilmaz" to the tune of Go West 😛

2 hours ago, lexicon said:

Yeah, I think so too. I have a feeling that the plan will be Torres - Mings - Konsa - New RB next season - with the RB taking the 'Moreno' role as we switch from back 3 to back 4 dependent on possession. 

I'd much rather it be the LB doing that. Torres as the LB doesn't inspire any trust in me. Whereas Konsa as the RB is good defensively. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

No, becaue I've already patented "Bariş Alper Yilmaz" to the tune of Go West 😛

OK, I like it. But just so you know, I'm waiting for that patent to expire and the day it does... YOINK

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I'd much rather it be the LB doing that. Torres as the LB doesn't inspire any trust in me. Whereas Konsa as the RB is good defensively. 

Mings as the LB would make sense if he's fit enough. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah, watching Pau get rinsed on the flanks is not the best use of him. At least TM has played there previously, and is obviously a better ‘defender’.

Sort of random link that's probably true.

Him and the guy who plays for Fenerbahçe? 15-20m and guys who could double their valuation if they adapt to the prem within two years.

Has a Cash sort of profile and ideal really if he can play both FBs positions and also further up as that would ease selection issues if we again get 3-4 key injuries at the same time next season.

7 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Will have to see how Ty looks in pre season if he's still on course for that. Even if he's lost a yard of pace (which feels inevitable given how bad his injury was) that will impact on things.

I think I'd rather just stick with him centrally and see how he does on his return and would imagine we'll ease him in through league cup and sub roles first.

The plan in pre season was to start the season with Konsa-Mings and then Pau would get games at LB and then shift to the centre at a later stage in the season. However given how well he's adapted I can't see any point moving him back out to LB now. Konsa a bit different but see how the new Serbian player does.

• Like 1

Â