Finley Munroe

Pongo Waring

Getting on the bench twice in row, must have got the attention of the staff. Especially surprising seeing as our bench was already 90% defenders 

Posted (edited)
On 18/04/2024 at 16:56, Pez1974 said:

Yes - it's nice that one of the family still gets to play in Europe this season

standing-ovation.gif

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

It's the third time he's made the bench, today, against Lille, and also against Chelsea in the FA Cup, he's a left-back in the main, so has essentially come in for the injured Moreno. He signed his first professional contract a week or so back, and Mark Harrison spoke of him transitioning to first team football, so I suspect we will be looking to find a loan for him next season, hopefully other clubs seeing that Emery thinks he's good enough for our bench will help with that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I missed his appearance as turned off when they scored their second, a shame he made his debut in such a loss, but he will probably now get a better loan next season than he otherwise would have done, just by virtue of having played for our first team, so that should be a postive for him, of course man not saying he's suddenly going to get a Championship move, but maybe now more League Two teams or even a League One team will take a look

Posted (edited)

Looked surprisingly good for a player I'd never heard of before tonight. Didn't clock him on the bench for previous games.

I'd be giving him some minutes in the league after that though. A very solid debut in hostile and generally shit circumstances.

Edited by MrBlack

2-3 months ago not many of us would have expected to see Fin making his debut in a European Semi Final away leg!

He's probably 6th choice left back on the club's books (Digne Moreno Chrisene Revan Sousa) competing with Patterson who has played in midfield as well and rotated with him lately for the U21s.

I think you take that debut however you can get it, it's still a proud moment even if the team is suffering. Hopefully he gets a first taste of first team football on loan next season.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
Â