Midweek Football 16/19 April

andykeenan

Silva's penalty wasn't that bad, just a cracking gamble by the keeper not to dive.

I still can't believe he took Haaland off, all he needs is a half chance and you can vary your attacks a bit more when he is there.  City did nothing in extra time.  Plus he'd have taken a penalty.

• Like 2

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Silva's penalty wasn't that bad, just a cracking gamble by the keeper not to dive.

I still can't believe he took Haaland off, all he needs is a half chance and you can vary your attacks a bit more when he is there.  City did nothing in extra time.  Plus he'd have taken a penalty.

Pep's ego is beautifully self defeating

word removed.

• Haha 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Yep, if the keeper dives that looks like a standard penalty.  I sometimes wonder why keepers don’t just stand there more often.  Better than diving on a whim a lot of the time.

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

How many times have Madrid done that, been poor and gone through. Crazy really.

You say been poor, but they defended well.

Also hahhahahahaha **** Man City. 

• Like 1

Silva is unlucky. It’s the kind of penalty you see every week or every shootout. But 99 times out of 100 the keeper dives. 

If that happens he gets complimented for a cool penalty. The one time it doesn’t happen you look an absolute mug. 

I enjoyed McManaman telling us that when Ederson steps up you know he’s going to score

Do you Steve? He’s a keeper 

• Haha 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I enjoyed McManaman telling us that when Ederson steps up you know he’s going to score

Do you Steve? He’s a keeper 

Bit like when he said you could tell it was a good header by Haaland because it bounced. I mean, actually, it was a tame header that went straight into the keeper's hands. But, yeah, it bounced, so it must have been a brilliant header.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Silva is unlucky. It’s the kind of penalty you see every week or every shootout. But 99 times out of 100 the keeper dives. 

If that happens he gets complimented for a cool penalty. The one time it doesn’t happen you look an absolute mug. 

I wouldn't call that unlucky, more like stupid. It was telegraphed from my living - room. Trying a Pirlo and failing miserably. 

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I wouldn't call that unlucky, more like stupid. It was telegraphed from my living - room. Trying a Pirlo and failing miserably. 

Trying a pirlo? You mean a panenka?

It wasn’t that though was it. It was just a normal down the middle penalty. 

99 times out of 100 the keeper dives and nobody bats an eyelid

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Trying a pirlo? You mean a panenka?

It wasn’t that though was it. It was just a normal down the middle penalty. 

99 times out of 100 the keeper dives and nobody bats an eyelid

Trying a Pirlo, same thing. The one he took against England in the Euros is a perfect example of how to take that kind of penalty. Silva didn't chip the ball, he virtually crossed it slightly to the goalies left, but telegraphed it to the point where the goalkeeper didn't hadly move. One of the worst penalty's I've seen, and I've seen some bad ones.

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Tonight another blow for the greatest league in the world ever.....ever

Which is the best league in the World then?

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Which is the best league in the World then?

Other leagues dont PR themselves as the best league in the world except the sarcastic Irish League 😂

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Other leagues dont PR themselves as the best league in the world except the sarcastic Irish League 😂

Sure… but which is the best league in the World?

Â