The confessions thread - clean edition

Xela

Some serious issues for social services to sort out here. Shame Birmingham council is on its arse, and probably can't afford to investigate all of the abhorrent child abuse mentioned in this thread. All of you subjected to having to go to the temple of doom for a quid, remember, it's not your fault. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dAVe80 said:

Some serious issues for social services to sort out here. All of you subjected to having to go to the temple of doom for a quid, remember, it's not your fault. 

They should at least be entitled to compensation, especially with such blatant overpricing. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Some serious issues for social services to sort out here. Shame Birmingham council is on its arse, and probably can't afford to investigate all of the abhorrent child abuse mentioned in this thread. All of you subjected to having to go to the temple of doom for a quid, remember, it's not your fault. 

It’s a bit of a right of passage I think, seeing how bad things could be.

Sometimes I drive my lad through the really shitty parts of Birmingham so he appreciates living in Tamworth :lol: 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Genie said:

I have been to the sty to watch small heath

I went with a mate from school who was a ST holder as he had a spare ticket, it was as bad as you can imagine and this was about 25 years ago.

I went to the Sty to watch Kiddy Harriers knock them out of the cup. And to a couple of derbies vs the baggies.

It was hideous. I'm pretty sure that the "toilets" at the back of the away section used rain instead of a flush.

• Shocked 2

Luckily I never got taken to Blues. I did go to The Hawthorns. Albion beat Hull 5-0 Bob Taylor scored a hattrick. My uncle who took me was convinced I’d be an Albion fan like him because of the game. Luckily, the week before I’d been to my first ever Villa game, we also won 5-0 against Swindon and Dean Saunders got a hattrick, there was no way I was turning.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't own an air fryer. 

I'm on my third air-fryer in 6 years. I use it at least once a day, sometimes twice a day.

If you have any questions or need some persuasion please let me know 😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

My first game was Wolves v Honved

could be a decent thread 

mine was Arsenal v Villa with my Arsenal supporting Dad and brother  ( family are from North London) 

Villa won courtesy of a Malcolm Macdonald own goal , I supported villa to annoy my brother and the rest is history 

I owned a Nottingham Forest shirt, the yellow one with the black detail on the chest from the late 90’s, only other English club shirt I’ve bought/owned and did so because my best mate in school at the time was randomly a Forest fan (we were in South Wales), also went to a few Forest matches with him and his old man, who incidentally ran the junior football team I played for and we had an annual game against ‘Notts Forest Reds’ which was some kind of club affiliated junior side at the time.

I dont understand the obsession with biscuits and think they're overrated. Some of them are nice, not great, most are a bit mehh and I'd be okay if I never ate another one.

As a British person, I feel like this is some weird act of treason.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I dont understand the obsession with biscuits and think they're overrated. Some of them are nice, not great, most are a bit mehh and I'd be okay if I never ate another one.

One for the Unpopular Opinions thread ;) 

I own(ed) a Man City shirt.

Let me give this some context. When I was in the middle of a major gym addition back in the early 00s, I was spending 3 hours a day at the gym, at least 5 times a week. Doing cardio. I started with just regular t-shirts, but they were getting so drenched with sweat, I struggled to take them off! Football shirts were far better. I ended up buying a load of cheap football shirts from somewhere like JJB/JD/Intersport etc, as they were last seasons. Most were overseas teams or national team shirts, but there was also the Man City. It was the Kappa one with the logo down the arms, back when Citeh were plummeting towards the lower leagues. Even today I think it looks like a cool shirt. 

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Do you like crisps? 

In October 1990 I had arranged to meet my best friend (Best Man at wedding) at Plough Lane, however I got distracted by my now wife of 33 years and ended up scoring more than both teams that day.

19 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Do you like crisps? 

I would devour a family bag of crisps, but biscuits have never really interested me.

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I would devour a family bag of crisps, but biscuits have never really interested me.

Sorry mate, you're the wrong un here. Each to their own but crisps are pap. And I don't really like biscuits. But I'd rather have a custard cream than a Quaver. Not something I thought I'd be saying today.

• Haha 2

Â