Match Thread: Villa v Wolves

limpid

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

1-0 at half time, so that means it'll be 1-1 after 50 minutes. We're still in this!

Yeah but they did wheel out the graphic points lost from a winning position Aston Villa 3 best in the league 

Man utd though 😭

1 minute ago, AVTuco said:

Moussa still lacking confidence. He had acres of space that he should've run into and shoot himself. Instead, he immediately starts looking for an opportunity to pass. 

We had two over , 3 if you include Diaby. It was absolutely right to wait for the overload. The whole team looks laboured though and Moreno, I'm sorry, he was phenomenal last season....he looks miles off it atm.

After a slow start decent 1st half by Villa. Tielemans has been very good in the McGinn role while Rogers has shown some nice touches but Villa need more from him.

Villa may need to score two more for the three points as Wolves and in particular Doyle look dangerous!

Think it's Rogers' best game for us so far. If he could release the ball a bit quicker it would improve our flow a bit. But he's played well overall.

• Like 1

Some high intensity defense since scoring, they could barely breathe. Then three decent moves forward, Rogers, then Konsa then Diaby couldn't find an end product. 

Like the ambition from Konsa but need to train for a weak foot strike from outside the box. We need to have that kind of confidence to see this one out so glad he backed himself. Reason that wolves will give him that territory though

Edited by A'Villan

Moreno is a bit of a one-trick pony these days, and if he can't beat his man into the box he offers us very little.

People being a little too critical of Rogers I think. His carry through the middle is causing them all sorts. Just needs to time that final ball better.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

We had two over , 3 if you include Diaby. It was absolutely right to wait for the overload. The whole team looks laboured though and Moreno, I'm sorry, he was phenomenal last season....he looks miles off it atm.

Not in my opinion. He wasn't going to go himself at any point. A confident goal-hungry player goes himself first. Moussa's body language right from when he got the ball looked scared.

Dublin and Redknapp providing tactical breakdown of the half. **** me, I'd be better off asking the tin foil hat wearer who downs 3 bottles of frosty jacks outside bargain booze for mortgage advice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Rogers being way too selfish today ffs

2 good runs from him being selfish but one in the final this where he held the ball too long and a pass would have created a dangerous opportunity.

I might be more worried about Diaby's confidence if he hadn't almost broken the net with a 20 yard side footer about 10 minutes ago

Edited by Annoyman
  • Like 1

We got better as the half went on and great finish from Diaby.

Hopefully Moreno improves second half with his delivery and Tielemans needs to be careful as he is on a yellow card.

Hopefully with us attacking the Holte we can win this. UTV!