New Aston Villa Stadium Chat

VillaChris

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

The fans will be the defining factor of any new stadium and the Everton stadium is designed for them to be as close to the pitch as possible. I don’t quite understand why the atmosphere should suffer after a move if handled correctly. 

if we were to move I’d like a continuous lower tier then 4 separated upper tiers and no sloping roof so the fans can see the whole stadium from the last row rather than letter box view and disconnected. 

Not sure that’s true, the atmospheres seem to markedly decrease moving to new stadiums…

Bolton - No

Sunderland - No

Spurs - No

Man City - No

Arsenal - No

West Ham - No

Just off the top of my head, which can’t be just because of the fans.  There are so many factors that affect the noise and atmosphere.  Obviously with fans, the displacement of fans from vocal fans being close together in the old stadium, now being in different parts of the new ground even in the same stand makes a big difference.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Obviously with fans, the displacement of fans from vocal fans being close together in the old stadium, now being in different parts of the new ground even in the same stand makes a big difference.

I also think a big part of it is just that they're much bigger stadiums, and the hardcore bunch who know all the chants and join in are already there, there's not a proportionate number of them waiting to go to games with the increased capacity compared to less enthusiastic/vocal fans

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not sure that’s true, the atmospheres seem to markedly decrease moving to new stadiums…

If we did move the atmosphere would definitely decrease. More tourist fans, more expensive tickets, etc. would all impact atmosphere. Ideally you would want a setup like they have in Germany, cheap tickets, loyal fans, big Ultra supporters groups who all sit at one end of the ground, the Salifou end in our new stadium.

It's all a redundant argument anyway as we won't be getting a new stadium any time in the next 20 years. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Bolton - No

Sunderland - No

Spurs - No

Man City - No

Arsenal - No

West Ham - No

Just off the top of my head, which can’t be just because of the fans.  There are so many factors that affect the noise and atmosphere.  Obviously with fans, the displacement of fans from vocal fans being close together in the old stadium, now being in different parts of the new ground even in the same stand makes a big difference.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, I just don’t understand why it affects the atmosphere so much that’s all. As think season ticket holders should be offered as close as possible the exact seats they previously had as / where so fans who want to stay together can when clubs move stadia. Maybe it’s a the more comfortable you are the more passive a fan becomes - gone are the days of a raucous Holte End bouncing sadly. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, villa89 said:

If we did move the atmosphere would definitely decrease. More tourist fans, more expensive tickets, etc. would all impact atmosphere. Ideally you would want a setup like they have in Germany, cheap tickets, loyal fans, big Ultra supporters groups who all sit at one end of the ground, the Salifou end in our new stadium.

It's all a redundant argument anyway as we won't be getting a new stadium any time in the next 20 years. 

Is the Salifou stand infront of the theme park!?

I wouldn’t want is to move to a boring identikit generic bowl indistinguishable from any new European stadium. So In terms of potential designs would people like to have a single tier or two tiered Holte end in their fantasy new Villa stadium ? Spurs’ single tier stand looks mightily impressive but then an even larger replica of the current Holte End would be my preference with large retractable windows in the corners.

Edited by thabucks

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wouldn’t want is to move to a boring identikit generic bowl indistinguishable from any new European stadium. So In terms of potential designs would people like to have a single tier or two tiered Holte end in their fantasy new Villa stadium ? Spurs’ single tier stand looks mightily impressive but then an even larger replica of the current Holte End would be my preference with large retractable windows in the corners.

One tier but with a barrier right down the middle like the old Holte.

#leftsiderforlife - “the left side, the left side….”

(currently sitting in upper right…so I’m cheating on the left side 😁)

On a serious note though I wouldn’t care, it would just have to be a fabulous design…maybe a single Holte End stand that’s huge and then a horse design for the other three stands linked together.  So similar to your idea.

I’d like the two end stands to be different from each other as well as the side stands so to preserve the unique four stand quality of Villa Park. The lower tier and executive / corporate tier(s) would need to join but not the upper with clear separation. As we are talking fantasy with large retractable windows in each corner to again mimic the current VP open to the elements. I know this is pointless discussion but one can but dream.  

Edited by thabucks

I’m all for it. Sick of big queues to get in, sick of having to miss minutes to have any chance of a Pint at half time and sick of having to leave a game early to have any chance of getting home within a reasonable time.

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m all for it. Sick of big queues to get in, sick of having to miss minutes to have any chance of a Pint at half time and sick of having to leave a game early to have any chance of getting home within a reasonable time.

Sounds like Wembley.

• Haha 1

If they can keep the Victorian red brick aesthetic, as in some of the designs I have seen, I think it would be the best looking modern stadium in the world. I think they were shown as theoretical designs on the Holy Trinity show.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Sounds like Wembley.

Their pizza is good though! 

On a serious note though we all know the area is not a Villa area. It’s not like Anfield where everyone near by is likely a Liverpool fan.  Majority in Witton and Aston support Liverpool and Man U or just have more pressing issues than football. Villa fans are just coming in and out the area to go to the ground.

It’s time to find a new home. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On a serious note though we all know the area is not a Villa area. It’s not like Anfield where everyone near by is likely a Liverpool fan.  Majority in Witton and Aston support Liverpool and Man U or just have more pressing issues than football. Villa fans are just coming in and out the area to go to the ground.

My feeling is the club can thrive in a new location (I would love us to stay and redevelop where we are but...). Where would that location be? Closer to city centre (north of the City)?  A location where we could possibly benefit from HS2.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, thabucks said:

it can be separate stands inside with a fancy bowl skin on the outside that some clubs have gone for

Edit - I also want to say those skins are replaceable too if fashions change

Edited by paul514
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

A single tier Holte would create a better atmosphere imo 

Facts. Having 2 huge single tier stands behind each goal would be mega.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

If they can keep the Victorian red brick aesthetic, as in some of the designs I have seen, I think it would be the best looking modern stadium in the world. I think they were shown as theoretical designs on the Holy Trinity show.

Agree fully, we should be aiming to capture a bit of the aesthetic magic of Villa Park, reimagined in a modern stadium. We'd want to see the brickwork, a massive single tier Holte end, mosaics, the statues.

I know a few people have talked about Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis with it's brick facade. It's not quite the same aesthetic as Villa park but it shows that bricks can be done well on a modern stadium. The new Everton stadium features brickwork as well.

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It makes you wonder though if most people round there 'support' the likes of United or Liverpool whether it might be able to win them back if we continue to catch up and be successful, or at least the next generation of kids.  It sounds like we have given up on trying to win over the local community.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 09:25, nick76 said:

Bolton - No

Sunderland - No

Spurs - No

Man City - No

Arsenal - No

West Ham - No

I disagree. Sunderland (when they were decent) and Spurs new grounds are much better for atmosphere than their old grounds. Bolton no change, Arsenal no change, Man City no change at worst.

In terms of Villa and any new ground, I’d imagine that like with the Spurs ground, design for good acoustics would be part of the plan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, blandy said:

I disagree. Sunderland (when they were decent) and Spurs new grounds are much better for atmosphere than their old grounds. Bolton no change, Arsenal no change, Man City no change at worst.

In terms of Villa and any new ground, I’d imagine that like with the Spurs ground, design for good acoustics would be part of the plan.

Well we’ll just have to disagree, Roker Park was a lot better than the Stadium of Light for atmosphere imo….the Roker roar was impressive.