• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

1 hour ago, ozvilla28 said:

The setup first half was all.over the shop wrong balance. Moreno is no way near better then Digne his a liability. Rogers and Duran are better impact players at the moment. I would have started Tim. The subs changed the game for us.

Completely disagree with this. 

I think Digne is better but Moreno, albeit having lesser performances compared to last year has been fine

41 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lenglet and Pau had been working perfectly well until today. He changed it when he had to and it worked 

This. A previously tested and solid partnership was picked, it didnt go well first half, so he changed it and we improved. Can't fault unai for that

• Like 4

Strange team selection from Emery, Villa looked unbalanced.

The subs changed the game and thought Diaby, Cash and Zaniolo were good.

Moyes is such a p***k bemoaning their disallowed handball goal, he seems surprised it's illegal in the game. Seriously WTF is up with that fool is he senile?

• Like 1

I don’t think we were AS bad as some people have made out but yeh not great. I would have taken a point before the game so I can’t complain 

• Like 1

Over 200 liked this rancid post, the account has 69k followers. Vile bunch. Have reported it but don’t expect much will happen.

It’s just bloody football lad. 

• Shocked 3

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Over 200 liked this rancid post, the account has 69k followers. Vile bunch. Have reported it but don’t expect much will happen.

Wait, what did Martinez even do?

**** weirdos.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

Moyes going to Moyes. His attempt to sit back and win 1-0 cost them the win in the end. No wonder his own fans hate him.

I said that exactly. This is what lost him the game. They had 2 disallowed, I'm sure if they pushed the way we were playing,, they could have got another and the game may have been all over.

2 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Completely disagree with this. 

I think Digne is better but Moreno, albeit having lesser performances compared to last year has been fine

Moreno was much better than Digne last season… there’s a reason we signed him and his combination with Ramsey made us a much better and more dangerous side. They were incredibly effective.

We’ve been largely deprived of that (and some other “partnerships” in the team that made us so strong) this season and Alex is working his way back to full match fitness and sharpness… I believe he’ll get there.

Lucas has stepped up and done really well… but… at their best… Moreno is the better and more suitable player for Unai and in the system he deploys… I would agree that Digne is probably more deserving of a place in the side right now though and makes us a bit more resilient/robust defensively… but he can’t dribble like Alex…

Many people tend to have short memories and get on players backs with zero understanding and empathy… quite disgusted at how many have criticised and suggested selling Ramsey… the kid was immense and suffered a serious injury and some sort of reoccurrence(s)… quite sad really. We’ll massively benefit from having him back fit and firing consistently… no one has been able to take his position or cement that role either… shows what we miss and are lacking…

We no longer have poor players… just when we are forced to put them in unfamiliar, unfavoured and less suited positions… they can struggle.

Tielemans is a great example… effective in a more attacking role, great at creating chances and passes, can even press and intercept there… but really quite bad in a deeper, central and especially more defensive position… one of the few I would go so far as occasionally being a liability (when played there, we’ve seen it and he has cost us), loses the ball and tires far too easily… I hope he can prove me wrong…

We just need the majority and our best players to stay fit and maintain consistent form… everyone can play in their best positions then too.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, PaulC said:

They were at full.strength we were totally decimated by injuries with only two fit midfield players apart from a rookie one on the bench. Yet we still dominated the 2nd half and we had 70% possession. I think it was a great performance given the circumstances and we gained a point on Spurs.

Great point… 

Disappointed how we played in that first half though… if we played more/most of the match with the approach and style of that second half… we would have gotten the win.

Have a lot of sympathy for Unai… but he has managed the disruption and adversity really well for the most part…

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

What is it with these London teams and their pathetic fanbases???!!!

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Let's see if they dedicate such time tonight to the handball pen we didn't get.

Trying hard to cover for West Ham here

“Another day” and we would have torn you lot apart, like the last time…

Good point away and a decent performance all things considered.

3 things I learned:

• Duran is a talent, but he's not a starter. Yet.
  • Zaniolo does have something to his game. ....Maybe.
  • There's credit cards, PayPal, cheques and ApplePay - but Konsa is not a suitable substitute for Cash.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless I'm mistaken, since we last won at West Ham away, we've beaten Arsenal and Chelsea away twice each and Spurs away four times. Pretty crazy when you consider the relative positions of those clubs over that time period.

• Like 2

A ground we notoriously do shit at. I'll take a point. Spurs aren't beating Chelsea. They have a hoodoo over them and Pocch will want to prove a point against them. Either way I think top 5 is locked in.