• Watkins
    • Cash (Lenglet 45)
    • Diaby (Durán 45)
    • Digne (Moreno 63)
    • Zaniolo (Rogers 63)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/03/24 at 23:59

I am happy with a point away from home. West Ham isn’t an easy place to go to, so would have taken that before the match. That point could be crucial at the season end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

You missed the clear penalty we should have had then? No way was his hand in a natural position. If that was given, it would have changed the game.

I was making a joke mate

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Most of it has been enforced by injuries in fairness.

Yeaaa but, it hasn’t always been the case. I mean, just play Cash at RB and play Konsa at CB next to Pau. At the moment probably play Digne as well because he is the stronger LB overall. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Yeaaa but, it hasn’t always been the case. I mean, just play Cash at RB and play Konsa at CB next to Pau. At the moment probably play Digne as well because he is the stronger LB overall. 

Ok but overall, Konsa has probably been better at RB than Cash this season.

• Like 1

I’d love us to just stick with Pau and Konsa at CB for the rest of the season… injuries and fitness permitting of course…

Cash has been good in the last couple games… must say, he is pretty good at last ditch defending and blocks 😆

Suppose Digne makes us more solid at LB but Moreno is a better dribbler and helps us cut through teams… he misses Ramsey imo and hasn’t fully recovered from his injury yet… Lucas deserves the spot atm though…

Diaby & Zaniolo > Rogers & Duran also…

Hopefully, Unai’s first 11 is better (and less reliant on subs) in the upcoming games…

I don’t blame him for tinkering, injuries and suspensions are a proper pain in the arse!

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Ok but overall, Konsa has probably been better at RB than Cash this season.

But Konsa is also our best CB. So he just needs to play there. 

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

But Konsa is also our best CB. So he just needs to play there. 

I think it depends on the situation. Fact is Cash has been one of our weak links this season and it's worth remembering that some of our best performances this season have been with Konsa at RB. If Torres is playing then there's definitely merit in having Konsa there, so I can see why Emery is doing it.

Edited by Mantis

The setup first half was all.over the shop wrong balance. Moreno is no way near better then Digne his a liability. Rogers and Duran are better impact players at the moment. I would have started Tim. The subs changed the game for us.

Another garbage tactical balls up from Unai that nearly cost us dear. Thank god he saw sense after half time and put right his wrongs. Why does he do this ?!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Lenglet and Pau had been working perfectly well until today. He changed it when he had to and it worked 

A useful point.

Cash MOM. Stop pissing about, Emery, keep it simple; play our strongest defence - Cash Konsa Pau Digne.

And lose Duran and Rogers - neither are good enough.

Do something about the midfield - I don't know what, but that's your job. That's where our problem is.

Our forwards were anonymous today because of lack of service.

One other thing - sharpen up the playing out from the back - loose play is only putting pressure on ourselves. Keep your focus guys.

• Haha 1

I think the tinkering and "weird" formations could be down to Emery looking to "win" somewhere on the pitch.   IE Konsa at right back helps us lock down the other teams attack etc.  The challenge we have at the mo is we're not playing the same back 4 from game to game and we've lost our connection and synergy.  Defence is usually the one you mess with the least.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Strange game. Subs and tactical tweak with the second double sub made a massive difference. On the balance I genuinely think we were the stronger team and deserved to win - against a good (albeit negative) West Ham team.

I have NO IDEA why West Ham and the commentators (Optus) were crying over that late disallowed goal. It was really obvious handball, also offside, also fouls in there. The female commentator in particular was willing on West Ham all game I had to mute her first half. 

Id have taken a point before the game so i’ll take that. With two of McGinn, Kamara, Ramsey, Costa, Buendia and Mings we’d have won that comfortably.

I had exactly the same experience, had to mute the game because of the female commentator and I've never once before done that during a game. I unmuted her when they scored their 'winner' and she was saying she couldn't see anything wrong with it, whilst clearly looking at images of him literally pushing the ball into the goal with his arm. Baffling. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Another garbage tactical balls up from Unai that nearly cost us dear. Thank god he saw sense after half time and put right his wrongs. Why does he do this ?!!!!!

Do what?

• Like 1