England v Brazil /England v Belgium

andykeenan

Just now, TheAuthority said:

As usual. Any 1/2 decent team and Southgate hasn't a clue. Even though he has one of the top 3 squads in the world. The guy is clueless.

I honestly don't know what we were trying to do in that game 

Unai holds the ball along the back, pokes and prods, tries to draw the opponents out of position and then springs the trap

Southgate just holds the ball along the back because it's the safest and easiest thing to do, there's just nothing there 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I honestly don't know what we were trying to do in that game 

Unai holds the ball along the back, pokes and prods, tries to draw the opponents out of position and then springs the trap

Southgate just holds the ball along the back because it's the safest and easiest thing to do, there's just nothing there 

They seemed to try to get it down the wings and whip it in the box. That was it.

Bellingham obvs is class but it was so unstructured he couldn't do it as no-one else knows his game.

Chillwell, Gallagher and Rashford were shit, Watkins and foden hardly got a touch, thought Konsa, Gordon and Bowen did well.

Standard Southgate, boring slow football in a defensive shape. No idea how to change it.

I don’t normally watch England but did so tonight as Ollie started and Ezri got on early. Despite the players England has at its disposal, it feels so negative and there’s no creativity or imagination. Southgate is a clown.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I hope Ollie doesn’t get scapegoated for that.

Lets hope not, becos the Chelsea boys Gallagher and Chilwell were both awful. Dunk, Mainoo and Rashford were shite as well. there are many to choose from to "scapegoat"

Came up against a good structured side that kept the ball and we looked slow lethargic predictable and toothless. Colour me shocked.

We have absolute ballers now too.

Holland and Southgate are pure frauds. Absolutely grifters.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Southgate happy with the performance, saw everyone work hard apparently??

His desperation is scary. If he's happy to accept that...christ.

• Like 1

Dunk had a disaster for their goal, he headed the ball straight the their player then ran back and played the runner onside.  He's clumsy and straight from the school of McQuire with none of the upsides of his game.

• Like 1

Â