Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Match Polls  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/03/24 at 23:59

Just now, AshVilla said:

Finishing 6th and missing out on CL would be a disaster for this football club.

Were then not talking about selling one key player in the summer to keep in line with FFP it will be 2 or 3.

I never said getting CL wasn't important? I'm simply talking about the job Emery has done this season.

Just back in, 1st time in years we have left early, we went as soon as the 3rd went in, playing 3 at the back doesn’t work, Watkins all game was isolated, never seen so many poor passes to the opposition, Bailey looked on his arse after 30mins, from start to finish was shambolic

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Useless bottlers

Useless clearings in the woods 

Negative first.half was shite. Mcginn was a **** disgrace. Thanks for that you **** dipshit

Absolute horror show, bottled a big game AGAIN

Mentality midgets. Pricks

We are 4th in the league. We didn't bottle it last week, nor did we bottle it against Man City, Arsenal, Brentford or any of the other 20 games we didn't lose out of the 28 games weve played. 

Bad day at the office.  We will learn. 

Keep perspective.

I always said 5th was our level. And thats how its looking. And what a brilliant season that would be.

We will bounce back. 

• Like 4

I alluded to this in the pre - match thread, our annoying habit of some times being almost passive and allowing pur opponents to dictate the pace and slowly build up their confidence. I really think this is Unai's achillies - heel.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Finishing 6th and missing out on CL would be a disaster for this football club.

Were then not talking about selling one key player in the summer to keep in line with FFP it will be 2 or 3.

Tell me what's wrong with the modern game without telling me what's wrong with the modern game. 

• Like 1

3 at the back doesn’t work, all game Watkins was isolated up top, whilst spurs dominated the midfield due to losing a midfielder for that crap formation, awful game

Edited by rbcuk
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Useless bottlers

Useless clearings in the woods 

Negative first.half was shite. Mcginn was a **** disgrace. Thanks for that you **** dipshit

Absolute horror show, bottled a big game AGAIN

Mentality midgets. Pricks

The thing is, there's a little bloke deep inside of me, with his shirt covered in pie and lager vomit, and he's slurring exactly the same words, @Rodders -- maybe not with the same let-it-all-hang-out panache, but he's there -- he really is. So hat's off to your expressiveness

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

Really bad day, but we're 4th in the league.  SJM was man of the math until......  Van der Ven for them was incredibiy good until he went off.   0-0 at half   2-0 at FT, I decided not to count 10 rediculous minutes.   We go again.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

To think I neglected my dear Mother for that rubbish. 

Mother's Day comes once a year. But a chance to get your soul cut out of you, dragged across the pitch and stomped on? How often do we get that? 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just back and wet and pissed off.

First half we played okay and 0-0 was fair. Robbed way too easy for the second goal though, then McGinn losing his head 10 minutes later and the game is done at that point. I am not concerned at all by the last couple of goals as we'd just ran out of steam and ideas at that point.

Whilst I am pissed off with today I can though put it in perspective and see it as a bad day at the office within an excellent season and what could still be a remarkable one. We haven't lost two league games on the bounce for over 10 months and I'm confident we'll again bounce back.

It was remarkable how fast the collapse hit. I literally went to make a coffee and clean up a few dishes -- and the game was over.

Just now, ben1505 said:

Can they appeal the McGinn red card? 

we could but it would get denied.  the early uncalled pen for Ollie was MUCH more questionable.  But that can't be appealed

2 minutes ago, ben1505 said:

Can they appeal the McGinn red card? 

Sure. But it would almost certainly see him get an extended suspension to punish a frivolous appeal.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

I actually thought Dougie looked lethargic today.  

Yeah he can't be starting on Thursday.  We need to give Tim his chance and McGinn owes us a performance (to say the least), bring Doug on for half an hour if needed.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I alluded to this in the pre - match thread, our annoying habit of some times being almost passive and allowing pur opponents to dictate the pace and slowly build up their confidence. I really think this is Unai's achillies - heel.

I agree. I also think we're running up against a reality that no one really wants to face and talk about, and that's simply that our player-quality -- whilst amazing -- falls slightly short, overall, of the clubs at the very top. It feels like we're doing a lot with dwindling resources, and it's starting to catch up? I actually think today could have gone either way before the post-HT collapse. I wouldn't rate Tottenham as the very top, but they and ManU are our closest rivals for fourth.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3