Match Thread: Villa v Spurs

limpid

Just now, osmark86 said:

They play a high line just like us, going long isn't a bad strat to have in this game

Yeah, feel it needs to go long from the midfield rather than keeper. We look dangerous with Dougie playing balls over the top. Just need to beat the first line of press.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

I'm not even saying Bailey should come off as he's always dangerous but that's been an awful half with some abysmal decision making.

This is the position in which he mostly struggled ain't it? ( Up top/SS ) In general 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He's made a few bad decisions, but nowhere near as bad as some are trying to make it seem.

Conditions aren't ideal for him or Ollie either.

For me, I think Diaby might be better as he's faster and could run behind the defense. That's not really Leon's game.

Feeling relatively confident, we've had several chances to go ahead whereas we're stopping their build up well enough. They're using a lot more energy with this style than we're using to counteract it. 

Wouldn't be surprised to have Rogers and Duran both on the pitch later in the match causing havoc whilst Van der Ven and Romero are breathing out their arse cheeks 

1 minute ago, flashingqwerty said:

Tielemans is the one I'd want hooked over Bailey

Yes, occasionally the camera pans to him and I remember he’s playing 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Love McGinn he’s always up for it 

Absolutely, it’s always reassuring to see him in the team… especially in the “big games”… 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is the position in which he mostly struggled ain't it? ( Up top/SS ) In general 

Dunno, but that pass that was on to Tielemans, how he ignored that I'll never know.

• Like 1

Just now, skarroki said:

Feeling relatively confident, we've had several chances to go ahead whereas we're stopping their build up well enough. They're using a lot more energy with this style than we're using to counteract it. 

Wouldn't be surprised to have Rogers and Duran both on the pitch later in the match causing havoc whilst Van der Ven and Romero are breathing out their arse cheeks 

Said previous, have you not watched spurs. They proper come out the blocks 2nd half, we need to be on it, not bring on inexperience. 

Horrendous defending ! Stop with this ponderous tapping it around when under pressure.

• Like 1

You'd think the ref we had last week would have given a card there to Brennan Johnson for picking up and trowing the ball away. Not this week because the inconsistencies with the rules are just baffling.