Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

What we might also be doing is waiting for the Euro’s to finish before signing some of our targets.

I suspect that most agents are telling players at the Euros to wait before signing because if they have a good tournament then their bargaining position in terms of salary, bonus payments and choice of clubs might significantly increase.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, TRO said:

Spot on....I can't really understand the absence of such a player when these lists are drawn up.

I thought Sofyan Amrabat had a really good game in the Cup final...looks good on that form.

I can see us exploring the loan market/free transfer for a DM as BK will obvs be first choice when fit. A loan would allow us to spend more on the defence which, again imo, is the area we need to improve significantly. Even with BK in the team we were far too easy to score against for a CL team. Hopefully Mings will improve us but I have concerns over Carlos. 

7 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Also a good cure for diarrhoea.

And a compendium of swords and sorcery epics.

10 hours ago, useless said:

Meslier was being talked about as a £20m plus player last summer, and I think he's had a decent season, if Leeds desperate to sell maybe that would bring the price down a little, but I would have thought would still be more than we would be willing to pay for a backup goalkeeper at this moment in time

He makes too many mistakes for me and isn't dominant coming for crosses.  Imo he's not improved since we played them in the championship.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

I hope we don't lose Duran, but if we do Samu Omorodion could be an interesting replacement

Where do you guys here of these players?! I clearly don't watch as much footy as I used too! 

Last season we played 38 PL games, 14 European games and 4 domestic cup games. 56 games in total. Add to that the number of players who play internationals too and it's over 60 games a season. 

We need a squad if 23 to 25 players who Emery has no hesitation to turn to off the bench in any game. Players he trusts to start important games. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some Leeds fans seem convinced that Villa are going in for Summerville.

Not sure how true that is and I’m not sure how good he is, he wasn’t particularly good in the play off final. But that’s just one match 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not sure how true that is and I’m not sure how good he is, he wasn’t particularly good in the play off final. But that’s just one match 

In fairness Ollie Watkins was pretty anonymous in the playoff final for Brentford just before we signed him, not too worried off the back of one game.

We seemed to get Morgan Rogers, Ollie Watkins, Ezri Konsa and Matty Cash right when buying from the Championship in recent years. 

I trust this management to make the right decisions and if they see in Summerville a player who can add to our squad we should move for him. Especially as he's young he will improve. 

34 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Only players I'd be interested in from Leeds are Gray and Rutter.

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I think Gray is an Emery player, comfortable on the ball, tactically aware and can play in any number of roles (sure he has played full back, holding mid (yesterday) and attacking midfielder this season)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Rutter? Are you serious? No way! Just not good enough and very inconsistent.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Rutter? Are you serious? No way! Just not good enough and very inconsistent.

One day, I think he could turn into a very handy player. One day he might actually be worth the £30m Leeds paid.

• Like 1

Just now, Tomaszk said:

One day, I think he could turn into a very handy player. One day he might actually be worth the £30m Leeds paid.

Maybe, I just don’t see it.  I don’t know why Leeds paid so much for him at the time and still after playing for Leeds I still don’t see it.

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Maybe, I just don’t see it.  I don’t know why Leeds paid so much for him at the time and still after playing for Leeds I still don’t see it.

Because they are wallies :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He is very good. But his price will be inflated by the season he’s had, so might better value elsewhere 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, eholm said:

I can see us exploring the loan market/free transfer for a DM as BK will obvs be first choice when fit. A loan would allow us to spend more on the defence which, again imo, is the area we need to improve significantly. Even with BK in the team we were far too easy to score against for a CL team. Hopefully Mings will improve us but I have concerns over Carlos. 

The scary bit is, we finished with 8 clean sheets, 1 more than the 2019/20 season where we finished 17th......We also finished with 61 goals against, 7 better than 2019/20.

It's clear, we need to tighten up, and that will require several factors to be worked on....none less than possibly personnel......a fit Mings will be a huge factor, and Buendia, does rat around up front.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, allani said:

I suspect that most agents are telling players at the Euros to wait before signing because if they have a good tournament then their bargaining position in terms of salary, bonus payments and choice of clubs might significantly increase.

possibly....but it has been well documented in the past, that it can be unwise to buy players, from tournament football.

So many who have had good tournaments over the years, have turned out flops in domestic football.

Consistency, can be misleading, when players just hit form and have a good tournament.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â