Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

16 hours ago, beasley14 said:

Concerning his defensive stats are the worst lol.

He plays for Barca. They spend most of their time in possession even against Real Madrid. The defensive stats are always going to be lower for Barca players. The reverse applies to the attacking stats. 

However the only defensive stat noticeably lower is clearances. Also his aerial stats are huge, which is what we need. 

8 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He plays for Barca. They spend most of their time in possession even against Real Madrid. The defensive stats are always going to be lower for Barca players. The reverse applies to the attacking stats. 

However the only defensive stat noticeably lower is clearances. Also his aerial stats are huge, which is what we need. 

I always take defensive stats with a pinch of salt. Teams at the bottom of the league are always on the back foot so their defenders will be making more tackles, interceptions, clearances etc than defenders that play for top teams.

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

he means you can spend that in year one if all the players you sign are on 5 year deals, how the person proposes to pay the amortisation for the other 4 years..... I have no clue.

you should ask Chelsea that.  only they've locked in 7 years.

Posted (edited)

Linked with a player called Albion … 😆

Albion Rrahmani has bid an emotional farewell to parent club Rapid Bucharest - with Rangers ‘closely scouting’ the £6.2million-rated striker. 

The Ibrox side reportedly hold a significant interest in the Kosovo international as manager Philippe Clement looks to add more firepower to his attack ahead of next season. But they face stiff competition to secure his signature, with Premier League side Aston Villa and Italian Serie A outfit Napoli also linked.

https://www.glasgowworld.com/sport/football/rangers/rangers-scouting-19-goal-attacker-with-ps6m-price-tag-amid-transfer-interest-from-aston-villa-and-napoli-4637040

Edited by thabucks

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That may well be true. But it also reeks of content farming. 

Check you out - doing the same thing you dislike!

”it might be true, but it might not be”

Just now, bobzy said:

Check you out - doing the same thing you dislike!

”it might be true, but it might not be”

The journalist is making clickbait for the reasons specified and should be called out though 

Just now, The_Steve said:

The journalist is making clickbait for the reasons specified and should be called out though 

Honestly, just ignore this thread. It’s ALL speculation until a player actually moves. 

Fofana, Barkley, Hermoso, Araujo, and Cambiaso is realistic IMO and adds quality and depth to the squad. It won’t happen like that I know and I’d like to add Veiga / Baena and Zirkzee to that list it will take us time due to *insert 3 word abbreviation to build the squad. We’ve shown by Roger’s you do need to spend huge to add quality and Emery is a master at building a squad worth more than its individual parts.  

2 hours ago, Philosopher said:

yep....Austin MacPhee, will be pleased.

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Knows where the net is......6'2 , 23 

worth a punt at the price.

not sure of the standard he has scored in.....but Monchi's boys will know.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

lets make this short......

Any credible links? If so link them please

Define credible ?

Im the shitest in the know ever you’ll ever meet but an old work colleague from OUFC now works for Wasserman Group. We are a very tight lipped outfit with NDA’s etc used and I only hear from him what’s he’s heard from other clubs of our interest and enquiries or players we didn’t sign. Never anything concrete about us from our side. We don’t leak anything unless it’s controlled and benefits us.

I know Mateta almost joined us before injury a few seasons ago, that Jonathan David has been a target for years, we held talks about signing Mykolenko before he went to Everton. None of this is credible as it didn’t happen but it’s from a fixer at a large agency. Not sure what my point is but basically it’s a minefield what’s credible and what isn’t in this age of attention seeking ITk on Twitter or clickbait journalists. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Define credible ?

Im the shitest in the know ever you’ll ever meet but an old work colleague from OUFC now works for Wasserman Group. We are a very tight lipped outfit with NDA’s etc used and I only hear from him what’s he’s heard from other clubs of our interest and enquiries or players we didn’t sign. Never anything concrete about us from our side. We don’t leak anything unless it’s controlled and benefits us.

I know Mateta almost joined us before injury a few seasons ago, that Jonathan David has been a target for years, we held talks about signing Mykolenko before he went to Everton. None of this is credible as it didn’t happen but it’s from a fixer at a large agency. Not sure what my point is but basically it’s a minefield what’s credible and what isn’t in this age of attention seeking ITk on Twitter or clickbait journalists. 

Christ, you sound like that fraud ‘Villareport’. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AndyClarke said:

Ndidi and Barkley on frees to add to what is already a top quality midfield, then the big bucks can go on the backline and bolstering the attack.

As someone else previously said - if those two are upgrades on Chambers, Dendoncker and Timi, then it's a very good move.  

Â