Mcginn, Martinez, Watkins, Bailey, Konsa, Pau, Kamara, Luiz

We must do everything to ensure none of the above are sold this summer

McGinn - £60m

Martinez - £60m

Watkins - £100m

Bailey - £40m

Konsa - £50m

Pau - £40m

Kamara - £40m (would be £80m if he wasn't just coming back from serious injury).

Luiz - £60m

That's 7 billion dollars to spend on something.

45 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Just for der schitzengiggels, what would folk think of getting Jack back on loan next season?

If its for free and with a £1 salary, sure why not.

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

McGinn - £60m

Martinez - £60m

Watkins - £100m

Bailey - £40m

Konsa - £50m

Pau - £40m

Kamara - £40m (would be £80m if he wasn't just coming back from serious injury).

Luiz - £60m

You are Daniel Levy and I claim my £5! Daniel Levy 'proud' as report reveals ... ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Our players would have received bonuses for qualifying for Europe. However we weren't in Europe that season so we didn't have the additional revenue to help offset the cost. Our wage bill increased by 60 mil last season. Probably 40 if that would have been European bonuses. 

Presumably a number of our players will also have CL qualification bonuses with no CL football this season though?

45 minutes ago, ender4 said:

McGinn - £60m

Martinez - £60m

Watkins - £100m

Bailey - £40m

Konsa - £50m

Pau - £40m

Luiz - £60m

Only 40 mil for Bailey and Pau

Only 60 for Luiz. Dude you are about 8byears behind on player prices. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Only 40 mil for Bailey and Pau

Only 60 for Luiz. Dude you are about 8byears behind on player prices. 

haha maybe!   As someone else said above, these are Daniel Levy prices 😁

24 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Presumably a number of our players will also have CL qualification bonuses with no CL football this season though?

It would depend on the structure of their contracts which we are not privy to. Given the significant degree of increase last year. 42% overall. 57 mil total. We spent maybe about an additional 20 on player salaries last year on new signings. Bringing base salary up to like 160 ish. An extra 20% Bonus just for reaching conference league as the specific language and not europa or champions league? That seems unlikely that they would be separate clauses imo. 

Obviously I have no knowledge of the specific details. But it seems much more likely given the degree of salary increase last year that it was based on qualifying for Europe holistically as opposed to a specific competition

3 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Man I hope not. 

Whilst I think he is a quality player I really don't think he is a player we need. Unless we are confident we can bring in all our defensive targets I wouldn't be spending that kind of money on an attacking player. And even then I'd prefer to sign another B2B midfielder over a forward. 

i trust monchi and emery

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm not saying it's hard. I'm saying it's boring as ****. I don't want to feel like I am at work.

I don’t want the restrictions either, I think they are stupid and stop investment into the game, if some club want to spend a billion…. Let them the clubs they spend it with will keep spending it on clubs lower down the ladder

There's no way Chelsea or Liverpool will go anywhere near Summerville, I doubt Newcastle too considering they've already got Gordon and Barnes

The player to take from them would be Archie Gray, but the competiton for his signature would be strong

Archie's kid brother Harry is very highly rated as well, only fifteen but already has eight goals in eleven appearances for their U18s

Not suggesting him as a signing for us but apparently Ethan Ampadu has been excellent for them this season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

McGinn - £60m

Martinez - £60m

Watkins - £100m

Bailey - £40m

Konsa - £50m

Pau - £40m

Luiz - £60m

Ollie Watkins is everything you want in a striker, and his character and work ethic are top tier. If anyone really wants him this summer, they should be willing to part with 125m and a hefty sell-on fee.

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

Just for der schitzengiggels, what would folk think of getting Jack back on loan next season?

More schitzen than giggles 🤔— no!

that time has passed. We have a great team spirit, great group mentality with no  one player being the star. You can see it in how we pass the ball with no predetermined outlet- the attack could come from anywhere.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I know we talk a lot on here, naturally, about about who we want, and where we should be looking, etc. But I think the other half of the Monchi approach depends on what potential recruits think of us and the Villa way, and whether we'll get that absolute unshakable buy-in that seems to underpin the Unai Emery philosophy. All other things being equal, a huge part of Monchi and Emery's success seems to be about finding players absolutely passionate about individual growth and willing to dedicate themselves meticulously to a singular Villa purpose. In other words, the questions of humility and desire to learn and grow are so, so fundamental. That has to be the starting point for any player that we're looking at. And that's going to rule out a tonne of people. I have a feeling that some of the best potential recruits are going to be under the radar. That said, I also think that there are some players who could be brought into the philosophy. Maybe they're still pretty flash, maybe they still have a bit of the street ball mentality, but they can also be wanting to level up their game, to grow, and I think players like that would work well.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Summerville and Rutter are quality players we could be interested in. 

If true, I would rather we go for Archie Gray, looks useful whenever i see him play

Seen a few tentative links to Gabi Veiga. 

Went to Saudi for the dollar but apparently wants out. 

Would be a good signing for that DM spot with Boubs still out for a while. 

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

Seen a few tentative links to Gabi Veiga. 

Went to Saudi for the dollar but apparently wants out. 

Would be a good signing for that DM spot with Boubs still out for a while. 

Isn’t he an attacking mid? Mats Wieffer looks quality, doubt he’d be that expensive.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Isn’t he an attacking mid? Mats Wieffer looks quality, doubt he’d be that expensive.

Dunno 😂

I thought he was but googling it appears he usually plays CM or AM. 

Also seen that Thuram lad from Nice is available for about £13mill, we should be all over that. 

Â