Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought of Ramsey going for £50m makes me feel sick. 

I’d be really disappointed if he went but of the big price/profit players we have he’d be first because it would be less impact on the team.

• Like 1

£50m is a fair price for Ramsey,  it all depends if Unai sees him in his plans as undisputed starter when fit, of course he's amazing depth choice if not but selling Ramsey would likely give us ability to buy 3 more players as extra depth 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you kidding? Luiz is one of our main key players and would be one of the few ‘not for sale’ for me.  Not even an argument that I’d sell both Duran and JJ before Luiz.

With JJ I'm coming from a place heavily rained with sentiment. With Duran I'm coming from a place of age and ceiling... So yeah... Out of the three... I'd choose him.

I feel we could get another very good midfielder... Easier than we could replace the other two.

Reiterating would rather sell or lose none of them.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

You can do all the language gymnastics you want, but we’ve spent for more than our  incomings the last few seasons. It’s time to sell some players. Tough decisions to make. But it’s looking likely we losing a key player… at least 

Is it time to sell? I’ve seen no evidence that we need to sell big names 

• Like 1

spacer.png

-

Unai on JJ:

“I am not thinking about letting him leave, even in the case some teams are offering us a lot,” said Emery.

“Right now I don’t want that – I completely don’t want that. I want to work with him and try and help him increase his level because I am selfish and I want him at his best for me.

“We can both benefit from that. His future now is with Aston Villa. In all my conversations with him his commitment to Aston Villa is clear.”

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Not sure we "have" to sell now do we?

If we got an acceptable offer for Luiz or Diaby, they'd go before Ramsey. Not the same FFP profit for Diaby of course, but as I said, I don't think we need to sell.

Depends what side of the financial  deadlineline the Grealish sale was on

if it’s the closer year, we be fine, if not, we need to sell. Because the press are speculating we need to sell this year, it suggests that we no longer benefitting from jack’s sale. 

Diaby would be a good shout, but I doubt we get much or any profit from him. Luiz would be the safest sale for profit, but is he replaceable? Tough call 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Reiterating would rather sell or lose none of them.

Yeah me too, it’s just a hypothetical 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

With JJ I'm coming from a place heavily rained with sentiment. With Duran I'm coming from a place of age and ceiling... So yeah... Out of the three... I'd choose him.

I feel we could get another very good midfielder... Easier than we could replace the other two.

Duran is only potential at this stage and JJ is about sentiment.  Luiz is a top quality player already and only turned 26 last week.  For me he’s already that top end midfielder able to compete with the best in the league and already valued over £100m.  I don’t think that is easier to replace than the other two, in fact Rogers has “almost” replaced JJ’s skill set almost.  Will Duran fulfill his potential? We don’t know but I wouldn’t risk that compared to where Luiz is now and I still think he has a lot more to come.  Luiz just gets better every season and now has another season under his belt under Emery.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

What evidence do you need? We haven’t made a profit in a transfer window since coming up. It’s only now we kind of making money from our commercial deals. 

it’s more likely we need to sell than we don’t… 

I don't think the squad is big enough, to expect quality exits.

We have witnessed first hand the devastation injuries can bring and we have 4 quality competitions , next season.

I don't think there will be too many exits, unless they are surplus to requirements players.

It's also prudent to keep a happy camp together....team spirit, is paramount.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Maybe not - but our wages:turnover ratio is shocking and if we want to develop our squad further, we absolutely have to sell some players.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Any money we receive for McGinn, Luiz, konsa, Martinez or Ramsey is pure profit on the books - who are you selling ?

Duran has been here 18 months and has poss doubled in value at best from what we paid. Next article from them will be Villa plan record bid for XYZ player 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, brummybloke said:

Seems odd as he's on 60k euros pw at the moment. I thought he rejected us saying he wanted to stay at Bilbao this season, wasn't sure if we would progress and still wanted to be near his family at his young age ? 

He's a year older, his pay would be on par with our top earners and he would be in champions league with plenty of Spanish speaking staff and players.

I’ve seen it reported recently that he’s on €200k/week now, and his demands are higher. 

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah me too, it’s just a hypothetical 

Duran is only potential at this stage and JJ is about sentiment.  Luiz is a top quality player already and only turned 26 last week.  For me he’s already that top end midfielder able to compete with the best in the league and already valued over £100m.  I don’t think that is easier to replace than the other two, in fact Rogers has “almost” replaced JJ’s skill set almost.  Will Duran fulfill his potential? We don’t know but I wouldn’t risk that compared to where Luiz is now and I still think he has a lot more to come.  Luiz just gets better every season and now has another season under his belt under Emery.

Nick if someone offered us 100m for Dougie they’d sell in a heartbeat 100%. I think you’re looking at it with your Villa goggles on. Tbf Dougie has been well below par recently and more the season went on the more I saw a lazy and me first attitude shine through. Yes fatigue, loss of Boubie and other things come into play but if you said I can get Soler, Ugarte and Veiga for same price as Dougie of thereabouts it’s a no brainer.

• Like 1

I think it's worth pointing out we can clearly go toe to toe with anyone right now so we don't really need any signing to massively increase the quality of the first 11 beyond shoring up weaknesses. It's now about building the squad out which you can take more risks on, with less proven players. 

5 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think you missed Cash and Duran from the list. I think Emery trusts him now for next season. I think we'll keep Olsen as 3rd choice keeper and Gauci get more opportunities.

I think another CM is key and think Hermoso being added will have our squad in good shape. 

It's the about what else we can do with player trading and additions. I feel like we are an attacker short. A versatile forward who can play across front line. 

I think we'll look to upgrade right back also. 

Well my assumption is we sell cash. 

As I said hopefully Durans continued improvement brings it to 18.

Whilst we could maybe do with another attacker imo it's last priority among summer signings 2 mids, Hermoso and a RB would be preferred tk me over another attacker. Would really like rayan cherki though 

3 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Nick if someone offered us 100m for Dougie they’d sell in a heartbeat 100%. I think you’re looking at it with your Villa goggles on. Tbf Dougie has been well below par recently and more the season went on the more I saw a lazy and me first attitude shine through. Yes fatigue, loss of Boubie and other things come into play but if you said I can get Soler, Ugarte and Veiga for same price as Dougie of thereabouts it’s a no brainer.

Yeah most probably we’d sell for £100m but if we got offered £50m for JJ and £40m for Duran then I’d take those deals over the Luiz deal, that was the point of discussion to the original post.

3 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think it's worth pointing out we can clearly go toe to toe with anyone right now so we don't really need any signing to massively increase the quality of the first 11 beyond shoring up weaknesses. It's now about building the squad out which you can take more risks on, with less proven players. 

Olympiakos, says Hi.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

Summerville hasn't really impressed me whenever I've seen him play, just runs at defenders with pace and doesn't seem to have an whole lot else to his game. I've genuinely been more impressed by Philogene, who I think looks much more of an all round player.

To sell Philogene for £5m and buy Summerville for £30m would seem crazy to me, especailly when we were meant to have a buyback for Philogene, not that they would actually get £30m, no one will play that

if we gone spend big money on Championship winger then Jonathan Rowe would be way to go

Rowe is way worse than summerville. 

Â