Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Sky 6 buy who they want. Everyone else forcibly restrained from competing with them. 

Don't forget selling star academy players to Sky 6 so you don't get a points deduction.

41 minutes ago, pas5898 said:

This squad beat Man City, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea and sat comfortably 2-4th in the Premier League until injuries took hold. This was all despite missing our leader at the back and best creative player.

I don't think wholesale changes are needed, just need an upgrade at RB / RWB when playing in a 3 and a genuine DM backup to Kamara who unfortunately does get injured regularly.

This is it, really. We need players back from injury and some higher level rotation options that Unai trusts and we should be in good stead. 

• Like 2

I think my ideal summer looks something like the below. Some good quality players around the team that add to our depth and maybe aren't first names on the team sheet.

Allows us to be more strategic (Moreno/Konsa or Hermoso/New at FB), sensible deals from contracts ending over next 2 years. Plus Unai taking an under performing big name and getting their career back on track.

• Mario Hermoso (LB/LCB) (exp. '24)
  • Youssouf Fofana (CM) (exp. '25)
  • Jonathan David (ST) (exp. '25)
  • Federico Chiesa (LW/ST) (exp. '25)
  • And a RB

When healthy we have - 

17 players that Emery Trusts - Emi, Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Mings, Digne, Moreno, Kamara, Luiz, Tielemans, Ramsey, Rogers, Mcginn, Buendia, Bailey, Diaby, Watkins

We need to bump that number up to 21 or 22 hopefully Duran improvement brings that to 18, New RB + Hermoso is 20, then 2 New CMs for 22 given Kamara is out for a decent portion of next season. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I think my ideal summer looks something like the below. Some good quality players around the team that add to our depth and maybe aren't first names on the team sheet.

Allows us to be more strategic (Moreno/Konsa or Hermoso/New at FB), sensible deals from contracts ending over next 2 years. Plus Unai taking an under performing big name and getting their career back on track.

• And a RB

No interest in David or Cheisa for me.

New RB yes, and we also need to bring in additional midfielder especially since fofana too is another more of a B2B type than pure CDM. He can play it yes and he would bring much needed physicality but we definitely need a CDM too.

10 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

• And a RB

@Jas10 likes this

I've avoided this thread until now, but summer is coming, CL confirmed, let's go shopping!

7 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Interesting link. More in the mould of Dougie and Tielemans isn't he? Rather than a Kamara type? Definitely need another strong DM.

Not sure how much truth there is to the Olise rumours, but surely we're now in a position to consider him. 

I know he has a release clause but is on around £100,000 a week which could be a sticking point.

Just think as a dynamic attacking midfielder it's someone that would add an extra dimension for us and obviously has PL experience.

I'm sure he'll have a fair few suitors though.

9 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

He can also play RB if needed. He’s a very versatile ball carrier - will block, pick out a pass and hold it well. I think we are looking at progressive possession in the midfield and the ability to start quick moves and not just rely upon Pau.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Chelsea fans would go into full riot mode if they ever sold him, he's the last player they'd let leave and he's actually their captain when fit I think so 0%.

Have to think though we'd have a decent chance of signing Conor Gallagher if he became available and Unai felt he could improve parts of his game.

He's still very young with plenty of top level experience and a McGinn clone pretty much so we could do worse looking for a 30-40m additional player for central midfield to keep things ticking over before Kamara is fit again.

Nothing would surprise me with Chelsea but honestly, keeping perma-crock Reece James who hasn't looked good for about 18 months over Conor Gallagher would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do. Gallagher has his weaknesses but he's consistently one of the best pressers (if not *the* best) in the league and hasn't even hit his prime yet. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nothing would surprise me with Chelsea but honestly, keeping perma-crock Reece James who hasn't looked good for about 18 months over Conor Gallagher would be the dumbest thing they could possibly do. Gallagher has his weaknesses but he's consistently one of the best pressers (if not *the* best) in the league and hasn't even hit his prime yet. 

Surely the only reason they're apparently selling Gallagher is PSRs, and nobody is buying Reece James now given he's just had another season ruined by injury

• Like 1

Interesting to see if we continue with the strategy we've seen already: couple of big signings in the summer (Diaby, Torres) and then youngsters in January (Rogers)?

It'll be more interesting to see who leaves. Even if the need to sell players has been eased with CL qualification, we have so many injured players coming back that our squad will be pretty big. Is this the window where we see the last of the deadwood leave:

Hause

Coutinho

Sanson (already gone)

Chambers (no offence and thanks for the assist)

Olsen (thanks again)

Dendoncker 

Could be transformative for us to remove these players and get other sin who can push the team on. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaoDeMings said:

Surely the only reason they're apparently selling Gallagher is PSRs, and nobody is buying Reece James now given he's just had another season ruined by injury

Well quite. It wouldn't make much sense if they actually *preferred* selling Gallagher and keeping James for footballing reasons. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

• And a RB

Mbappe.

• Haha 2

Â