Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was in La Liga team of the season before he made the move to Saudi, absolutely bizarre decision for his career.  This feels like a Monchi transfer, Emery would turn him into superstar.

i do wonder if the mentality of a player who moves to saudi is in/should be in question, no player moves there to challenge themselves, develop, or be an "ambassador" like Henderson tried to convince everyone.....

maybe, maybe not, dunno.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i do wonder if the mentality of a player who moves to saudi is in/should be in question, no player moves there to challenge themselves, develop, or be an "ambassador" like Henderson tried to convince everyone.....

maybe, maybe not, dunno.

Yep I agree. Especially at that age. You’re literally sabotaging your national chances playing in such a league. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We need at least 4 additions imo.

Attacking RB, DM, Number 10, CB that can play RB or LB.

Possibly another GK if Olsen goes.

Don't need a GK - plenty coming through. Just bought Gauci; Sinisalo won every player award on loan; others had good loans.

CB that can play LB - Hermoso? Would be a great freebie IMO (I know wages will therefore be higher)

RB - Kosta? With Konsa, he might be enough. 
I'd sell Cash, as he's the right balance of potential fee, book value, and needing upgrading.

DM - spend good money here.

No10 - not sure - Buendia and Ramsey being back; Rogers progressing further; Kellyman progressing. Might depend on who we can get/sell.

58 minutes ago, OhioVilla said:

Varane not going back to Manure. I've always rated him, but he would be an older free.

Has a persistent underlying knee issue. He's for Saudi

53 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If Villa sell:

Olsen, Dendoncker, Hause, Digne, Archer, Chambers surely that helps out immensely with any FFP worries?

If we qualify for CL there is no way we sell Luiz.

All of those would just be saved wages, not booked profit on sales. 

• Like 1

Gabri Veiga would be insane if we can pull it off.  He shocked everyone last summer when he went to Saudi for the money instead of his pick of the European elites.  I saw quite a bit of him in La Liga the previous season and he's absolute class.  Emery would make him into a global superstar within a few seasons.  He is Tieleman's technical brilliance mixed with Buendia's flair and Dougie's composure on the ball. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Gabri Veiga would be insane if we can pull it off.  He shocked everyone last summer when he went to Saudi for the money instead of his pick of the European elites.  I saw quite a bit of him in La Liga the previous season and he's absolute class.  Emery would make him into a global superstar within a few seasons.  He is Tieleman's technical brilliance mixed with Buendia's flair and Dougie's composure on the ball. 

He made his choice, perhaps he regrets it, perhaps not.  Seems like he'd be perfect fit if we were to sell a CM.

20 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Don't need a GK - plenty coming through. Just bought Gauci; Sinisalo won every player award on loan; others had good loans.

CB that can play LB - Hermoso? Would be a great freebie IMO (I know wages will therefore be higher)

RB - Kosta? With Konsa, he might be enough. 
I'd sell Cash, as he's the right balance of potential fee, book value, and needing upgrading.

DM - spend good money here.

No10 - not sure - Buendia and Ramsey being back; Rogers progressing further; Kellyman progressing. Might depend on who we can get/sell.

I think we will see a CB at LB with Diaby or Bailey ahead of them in LM as an option next season. We would then have a RB who is a wide forward. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

We have enough fringe players to get rid of, and there might be the odd one who isn't going to cut it that surprises us. Their replacements will be a mix of mochi special low cost punts from Europe / Championship and the odd star player.
With CL, better commercial deals, player sales, higher prize money etc we'll have enough financial headroom.

We need:
More physical fullbacks with recovery speed, especially on the right. Which basically describes Nedeljkovic as I understand it. So a senior version of him to compete and "Cash in" on Cash. Geertruida.
A taller, more defensive left back option (Hermoso?)
Priority #1 is a defensive midfielder to start and compete with and partner Kamara on his return: Rabiot
Our wingers are fried. They need to be kept fresher to be more explosive. Therefore, at least one more player on the right to cover Bailey / Diaby as well as more central Alex BaenaJonathan Rowe. Another guy on the left wouldn't hurt either. Grealish (loan)

I haven't covered centre half and striker because I've gone a bit mad.

Edited by Mazrim
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Leeroy said:

I think:

MUST BUY (if we don't buy in these positions something has gone wrong)

• Right back

Haven't we already signed a new RB in the young player from Serbia?

Heard from Wrexham fans they are trying to loan/sign Louie Barry for next season. Would be a solid move though I think he could get some suitors in Championship as well 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Haven't we already signed a new RB in the young player from Serbia?

Yes but isn't he crocked for the foreseeable future? Can keep Kamara company in the treatment room I suppose.

I imagine he comes straight into the squad to replace Chambers when he's fit but he's only 18 and played just a handful of games in the Serbian league, it looks to me like a development/project signing with the next 3-5 years in mind.

I meant that a priority is to get an established quality right back in to replace Cash, who I think we would sell if we get a good offer (sadly because I do like him but I just feel we've outgrown him). 

9 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Yes but isn't he crocked for the foreseeable future? Can keep Kamara company in the treatment room I suppose.

I imagine he comes straight into the squad to replace Chambers when he's fit but he's only 18 and played just a handful of games in the Serbian league, it looks to me like a development/project signing with the next 3-5 years in mind.

I meant that a priority is to get an established quality right back in to replace Cash, who I think we would sell if we get a good offer (sadly because I do like him but I just feel we've outgrown him). 

Hurt his knee but I haven’t been able to find exactly what happened. But I agree with you, he’s not someone we should be relying on to come in and overtake cash as our primary RB. We need to sign a new RB.

• Like 1

I wonder how much Arsenal are looking to flog Smith Rowe for and whether Unai might be interested.  I'd love Ugarte on loan, preferably to buy, Hermoso you get a feeling is nailed on, £15m or so for Smith Rowe.  That's 3 signings that would strengthen the squad without breaking the bank, added to the returning injured players.  I'd probably look to move Cash on, he seems the only player Unai hasn't taken to the next level so probably is at his peak value, likely to go down.  Might get £15m-£20m profit on him, then it's down to Unai to decide whether Konsa and Kosta are good enough options at right back.

5 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Does anyone know realistically where we are with FFP this summer? Will we have to make a big sale or not?

Well heck says we don't journalists says we do. 

Our fat losses from last season is likely due to European qualification bonuses without the increased revenue from additional match days, prize money and sponsorships.

Also looking at the figures player contract amortisation increased by 82.5 million? From 10 to 92.5, not sure why exactly - could be a one time cost to basically backload a bunch of costs into one year and then get it off our books and give us a clean slate in 26. 

Assuming player wages stayed fairly in line this season with last year's figures, we should also increase our revenue significantly with like an extra 20 mil from Europe, an extra 5 or so from sponsors more money from tickets too. So like 260ish mil revenue compared to last years 220.

Personally I think we are probably fine. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Okonokos said:

When you say "sell a couple of first team players", are we talking £20m-ish for the likes of Cash/Carlos etc or £100m-ish for the likes of Martinez/Luiz etc?

Are we basically in a position that if we want to spend say £80m+ on two new players, we need to first bring in £80m+ or could we feasibly be okay to do that by selling a couple of £20m players?

The first one. Offloading the dead wood and selling like Cash, Carlos, Digne/Moreno for instance would make a significant difference to our finances.

I think I heard we have 30 mil of wiggle room before amortisation so that's like 150 mil of fees + yearly salary. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Made of glass and would want 300k+ p/w.

No thanks.

He's probably going back to lens so definitely not going to want 300k. If it was like a 2 year deal for like 90k a week or something he'd be a good option especially if you can heavily rotate him to allow him to recover between games. 

Â