Match Thread: Villa v Newcastle

limpid

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

Last time we’ve come back from 2-0 down and won in the PL was against West Brom when we won 4-3 apparently?

What a game that was. I got soaked in the North Stand, I was on the way to Rochdale for a work meeting the next day and after 10mins wandered why I'd bothered, then Delph screamed one in. 

We need that Delph-esque moment start of the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leeroy said:

Season's over, players clearly don't care. No urgency whatsoever, unlike Newcastle. We've got a better team out there than them but they are showing more fight and aggression than us as per usual. 

Gonna go to bed and not bother with the 2nd half. No point when the players put in a performance like that. 

Sleep tight 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

The self entitled ego of some fans still startles me and also how quick some are to turn. A few patchy games which all teams go through and the season is over. Look how far we’ve come and then look where we are and find some **** perspective. 

Our season has been amazing. Our recent form has been ok. Our recent performances have been lacking.

We need to figure out how to start scoring again, because we look more reactive rather than proactive these past few games. We're too slow and easy to counter right now and it is hurting us. I hope we can solve it or we will drop down the table.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We’ve played some great stuff this season but there’s times we’ve won where we’ve been very average or poor. I was hoping we’d hold out for top 4, we may well still do but cream always rises to the top and we may just be lacking that class at the business end of the season 

Overperformed for sure, but we have always impressed in the league at home so it is a worry. We started against Chelsea like this only to kick on second half, but two goals is a big ask against these now with their tails up.

3 minutes ago, pregra said:

No chance we finish that high. Apart from Forest at home, I cant see any other wins for the next two months. Go all in for the conference, top 6 aint happening

No wins for two months? After averaging 2ppg for over 12 months. **** me, no wonder the atmosphere is so flat if this is the level of belief our fans have in us.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Diaby's main strength seems to be his pace yet we don't see to use it!

needs the ball in front of him yet rarely happens, playing long balls to him is hilariously stupid

• Like 1

Diaby's main strength seems to be his pace yet we don't see to use it!

Pace has disappeared out our game, it's generally how we play best.

Makes you wonder what's going on, do they not want it!

2nd goal was a bit unlucky with the deflection onto the bar then it hitting Emi's back and sitting perfectly for the tap in

But the first was just pure lack of effort - we had both Luiz and Konsa there and the Newcastle player barged past them both to get the ball. Summed up the half, just beaten in 1 on 1 battles all over the pitch. Unfortunately we can't hook all of those not pulling their weight otherwise we won't have a team left on the pitch

Probably Ivan Toney...

WRONG

Some fella named Evan Tinoy placed a flurry of wagers just now though.

Edited by est1874

Don't buy into us being found out.

We're not playing with the same level of intensity as we did in the first half of the season. That is the reality.

Poor mentality.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What a game that was. I got soaked in the North Stand, I was on the way to Rochdale for a work meeting the next day and after 10mins wandered why I'd bothered, then Delph screamed one in. 

We need that Delph-esque moment start of the 2nd half. 

I remember that game, I think i switched it off and went to play FIFA or something. Then I got a text from my uncle to say what a game well done Villa lol I was confused but so happy. We definitely need a moment like that in the second half

• Like 1