Your Villa confessions

NurembergVillan

Posting on here has turned me from an Everton/Villa to a Villa/Everton fan which has really pissed off my kin and friends.

Edited by striker
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Talk about damning with faint praise. Being dead has worked wonders for that bastard's reputation.

In fairness of the three previous owners Doug, Dr Fraud and Lerner I would say he was the better of the 3

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

I thought at the time, and still do that Mon did the right thing playing a reserve side in that European game!

i went to moscow and i also agreed with the decision. it's been debated numerous times but he was seconds away from that decision being proven correct the following weekend

I always feel I am jinxing Villa whenever I watch them, either at VP or on TV. Just as an example, due to where I live I only managed 2 home games this season. Given our record at home you would think it's a banker for me getting 2 wins out of 2. One was vs West Spams and the other was Sheff Utd! (Sheff Utd was a pre planned event 2 months prior, it was nothing to do with the possibilities of being top, that just made it even worse)

So given my records previously, any big important matches I would tend to hide away for 2 hours or so and would just log on to VT first thing on the players and reaction rating to see what sort of gif you get to see. Me checking the beeps is also me jinxing it so I would not check mid way through.

so the matches that I have hid away from for the last few seasons:

1. Home to Manc city this season, although it may be more to do with not having Amazon and the refusal to sign up for it as I believe Amazon and Bezos is truly evil; it worked well that one.

2. Away to West Ham last day of the COVID season, I only logged on to VP to see reactions 10mins after when it should have ended.

3. Play off final Vs Fulham.

4. FA cup final Vs Arse

5. League Cup final Vs Manure during MON.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

In fairness of the three previous owners Doug, Dr Fraud and Lerner I would say he was the better of the 3

i dunno, hearing a european cup winning player say "i cant wait to dance on that mans grave" was an eye opener for me

I also sometimes feel I jinx villa,  can empathise with that for sure. 

In the same ball park, I notice that when others in my circle take up an interest in Villa we go to shit. My dad got interested after we beat Arsenal 3-2 in 98. We subsequently finished 6th after being top at Christmas. Same thing happened with an ex girlfriend in 2010

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dunno, hearing a european cup winning player say "i cant wait to dance on that mans grave" was an eye opener for me

Maybe but he also never nearly put the club out of business

Around 2005 went to the toilet while playing Spurs. Really early. And Angel scored as i was in the toilet. Never went back to my seat the whole game as i convinced myself it was bad luck as i had never ever missed a goal before at VP.  Which makes absolutely no sense now as a rational mature human being,  but made total sense back then. Your football team can make you think and do really strange things. 

• Like 1

I'm not allowed to go to Wembly to watch the VIlla....the only game I have seen them win is the semi final against Bolton.

As such I was not allowed jokingly by friends not to go to the Derby playoff  ecause of my curse....and of course....they won

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

A lot of revisionism here with Houllier. I simply cannot let it stand.

We played Newcastle on 10 April 2011. It was our 31st game and we were on 34 points. It was basically a must win game. Remember that  effort to make an official remake of "Bells are Ringing" was the week before that game because our survival was at stake. That was our first flirt with relegation since Ellis was owner in 2006 and, I think, it eroded a lot of confidence at the club

That was a horrible season. He upended the whole team, he rubbed the fans up the wrong way, especially at Anfield, and after 3 consecutive top 6 finishes, and spending a club record fee on Darren Bent, it wasn't good enough. I concede we finished very strongly in the final 7 games. But then Downing and Young were sold of course.

For me, that was the year the rot really set in.

Yep. I remember going absolutely bat shit crazy hearing him speaking those words about Liverpool. That day finished me with Houllier. And when he had to leave i was over the moon. Little did i know about what was about to happen. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Thought Villa would dominate after signing Collymore. Literally saw him as the Brummie Ronaldo. Made this statement publicly but now deny all knowledge.

I genuinely thought Collymore was going to be our Shearer. I remember watching Match of the 80s, 80-81 that summer and thinking, Collymore will in us the league.

• Sad 1

I once went to catch the ball heading into the stands reserve game @ Walsall, missed fell over the empty row in front to see Steve Froggatt doubled up pissing him self at me!,  as I'm extracting myself off the floor with zero dignity left!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i went to moscow and i also agreed with the decision. it's been debated numerous times but he was seconds away from that decision being proven correct the following weekend

Didn’t we lose 1-0 to Chelsea ?

The appointment of Gerrard was one of the worst and most stupid decisions ever and, in/with the context of players and resources at his disposal, was the worst “manager” (yeah right, utter spoofer) we have ever had.

Ashamed that is a permanent part of our history.

Thankfully, Unai revitalised and revolutionised us… with the same players.

From hell to heaven…

Â