VillaTalk Political Temperature (Early 2024)

Marka Ragnos

VillaTalk Political Temperature (Early 2024)  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you actually see yourself politically?

• Extreme Left
    • Very Left
    • Left
    • A Little To The Left
    • Center
    • A Little To The Right
    • Right
    • Very Right
    • Extreme Right
  2. 2. How do you usually present yourself politically?

• Extreme Left
    • Very Left
    • Left
    • A Little To The Left
    • Center
    • A Little To The Right
    • Right
    • Very Right
    • Extreme Right
  3. 3. What Issues Concern You Most in Early 2024 (Multiple Choice)?

• The Economy (generally and/or "kitchen table" issues such as the price of milk, utilities, etc.)
    • International Relations
    • Public Safety and Crime
    • Public Health
    • Protecting Democracy
    • Diversity & Inclusiveness
    • Infrastructure Modernisation or Maintainance (roads, bridges, flood control, public technology such as wifi)
    • Environment and Climate
    • Public Education
    • Women's Equity Issues
    • Immigration Issues
    • Technology Issues (regulation, access, privacy, etc.)
    • Other (please name below)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/02/24 at 22:52

On 30/01/2024 at 10:13, dAVe80 said:

I've got a Rosa Luxembourg tea towel. Make of that what you will. 

Maybe a flag? A small sack? A pair of socks or gloves? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Jon said:

Maybe a flag? 

Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer, we'll keep the Rosa Luxembourg tea towel flag flying here. 

• Haha 2

I do find political compass quite fun, even if some constructs are a little dated (pretty sure the questions haven't changed much/at all since first did it). 

Anyway I got: -

Economic Left/Right: -5.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.79

According to this, I've moved more left over the last couple of years as use to be more central (but definitely on the left of the scale) and very libertarian on the social scale. 

Edited by cyrusr

What I do think is interesting is everyone's together as a picture of the site (*obviously biased towards those actually done it and posted results; I can't read mind, not yet anyway): -image.png.8ce77bb41816832325603a8f8274f514.png

Think there maybe a consensus here.... 

@lapal_fan doing his best impressions of Suella Braverman. @Follyfoot yet to be indoctrinated though by the looks of it; more work/programming needs to be done ;) . 

Edit: added @tonyh29 for prosperity 

Edited by cyrusr
Added tonyh29

on the VT poll I voted , centre , a little too the right & Infrastructure Modernisation or Maintainance & public Education 

my compass results below , in VT terms this probably makes me far right  , 

image.png.46171bf256bc13dc01b8ee327b0ba60b.png

Edited by tonyh29
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

in VT terms this probably makes me far right  , 

image.png.46171bf256bc13dc01b8ee327b0ba60b.png

Looks like the programming is working :D soon we will get you spouting Karl Marx.

• Haha 1

Just now, cyrusr said:

Looks like the programming is working :D soon we will get you spouting Karl Marx.

ha , i didn't use many "Strongly Disagree"  in my answers , but the Question that directly quoted him was one of the few to get one :) 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

What I do think is interesting is everyone's together as a picture of the site (*obviously biased towards those actually done it and posted results; I can't read mind, not yet anyway): -image.png.8ce77bb41816832325603a8f8274f514.png

Think there maybe a consensus here.... 

@lapal_fan doing his best impressions of Suella Braverman. @Follyfoot yet to be indoctrinated though by the looks of it; more work/programming needs to be done ;) . 

Edit: added @tonyh29 for prosperity 

I am not a left dot on a map I am a free man..........................

Hahahahahahahhahahh

• Haha 1

Given where I came out on the chart, I might get my other half to run it as well. In that I suspect she may be a sleeper cell for Baader Meinhoff. She certainly thinks I’m a bit of a wishy washy pinkish centrist dad overly worried about upsetting capitalist pigs. I feature fairly high on some of her class traitor lists for when the revolution comes. My crimes against the proletariat have included buying several Mercedes over the years and liking expensive cheese from M&S.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Given where I came out on the chart, I might get my other half to run it as well. In that I suspect she may be a sleeper cell for Baader Meinhoff. She certainly thinks I’m a bit of a wishy washy pinkish centrist dad overly worried about upsetting capitalist pigs. I feature fairly high on some of her class traitor lists for when the revolution comes. My crimes against the proletariat have included buying several Mercedes over the years and liking expensive cheese from M&S.

It is particularly good cheese though

• Like 1

On 30/01/2024 at 10:13, dAVe80 said:

I've got a Rosa Luxembourg tea towel. Make of that what you will. 

You're a fan of Berlin U-bahn stations?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Sorry comrade, sounds like the Gulag awaits. That does sound quite bougie. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was thinking of buying the car park where the Führerbunker was and rebuilding it from scratch.  Might conquer those pussies in France and Poland whilst I'm at it.

At least I'll know @StefanAVFC can't get anywhere away from his house quickly too, what with the pickle he's in with his road. Muahaha.  

Â