Match Thread: FAC4: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Our approach to games has been shocking since Brentford. Arsenal we expected to be on the back foot, as was the case, and managed to sneak a win. Brentford we won but I thought we looked poor. And we have looked poor since. Concerned about the preparations for games now as we look easier to beat than we did leading up to Xmas. 

1 minute ago, Lord Willard said:

We’re in a bit of a slum in form. Lacking a little belief. 

I think it's more like a lack of " ability " from a couple of players if I'm honest.

Maybe composure a better word than ability.

• Like 2

It's one of those games where if they score they'll probably get 2 or 3 more. 

If we hold out we can try and nick it against the run of play. 

Just now, stewiek2 said:

I like Ollie but we simply have to upgrade in the summer. His first touch is horrendous and in games like this when you've got little of the ball you need proper hold up play. It's like he's wearing clown shoes tonight. He's been off for a good few games. He's too hot and cold if we want to cement a regular top four place.

He's class when he's on it, but a top striker don't go missing as much as Watkins does. Needs to work harder, find space, shout for the ball.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

You're not watching, are you?

Yes but my point is you are not going to go through a whole season battering teams the way we were at home at the start of the year.

Chelsea are improving, playing at home on the back of getting to the league cup final. We’ve got players out and players returning from injuries. They’ve been on top this 1st half but people writing off the second half of the season when it’s 0-0 at half time is bed wetting.

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

Everything that was good about the first half of the season has dissapeared in the last month.

Watkins and Diaby anonymous, Moreno not driving forward down the line. No more retaining possession at the back and building up the field. We’re just hoofing it up the field and hoping for the best. 

What’s our plan to actually win the game here?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think it's more like a lack of " ability " from a couple of players if I'm honest.

Maybe composure a better word than ability.

The same players have all shown more than enough ability in our early season and against Man City.  We do seem to have lost some confidence and we really really miss Pau.

• Like 1

Just now, foreveryoung said:

He's class when he's on it, but a top striker don't go missing as much as Watkins does. Needs to work harder, find space, shout for the ball.

I don't think Watkins goes missing. We just get like this where we provide literally nothing fir any of the front players.