Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

1 hour ago, brendanvillatalk said:

I think he's filling some of the Buendia hole. I thought that about him when I saw his highlight reel. Without Ramsey we've had no reel driver and his quick passing reminds me of Buendia.

He’s much better than Buendia

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If Emery had seen some of these highlights then no wonder he went for him.  Its the balance of team and individual that is so impressive.  He doesnt hang on to the ball that much. Always looking for the pass. 

Like Youri, releases it quickly whenever it's the best option.

18 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny seeing other fans' reactions to him. It's like he spawned out of nowhere. One prominent Arsenal content creator seemed absolutely bewildered at his existence and called him an NPC lmao.

It's very strange to be the team that other fans are jealous of with our scouting and recruitment. It's been a strange 18 months in general really. Almost feels like it's happening to another club. The turnaround has been insane. Championship, 17th, 11th, 14th....7th then 4th...what?

Haha who was the clown that said that?

Btw there were also a couple of people on a Championship podcast that were baffled by the signing, turning their noses up at it. Scary how many clueless 'voices' there are.

Some players just seem to come alive or play at another level with better players around them. Its a real art identifying those players.
Often they're the "wonderkids" who get snaffled up by big clubs, hit a rough patch and end up at a lower level, but the talent and potential is still there.

I think Rogers is such a player. I think there's more like him around and finding them can save us a lot of money.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

If Emery had seen some of these highlights then no wonder he went for him.  Its the balance of team and individual that is so impressive.  He doesnt hang on to the ball that much. Always looking for the pass. 

He's much older than I thought though, very fresh faced for a 31 year old

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Btw there were also a couple of people on a Championship podcast that were baffled by the signing, turning their noses up at it. Scary how many clueless 'voices' there are.

Scary? Just shows that the people working in football are there for a reason. Those who can, do;

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Scary? Just shows that the people working in football are there for a reason. Those who can, do;

Ok maybe not scary, very annoying then that people who are clueless are making a living off spouting their cluelessness.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Ok maybe not scary, very annoying then that people who are clueless are making a living off spouting their cluelessness.

Yep, there is analysis taking place at clubs we can't comprehend.

The most frightening part of this type of player selection is how long its taken us to start finding them and it appears to be another one of Emerys strengths (he's a football god).

He's a big lad with a subtle touch and an eye for a pass, strong on the ball,  improving off the ball with each game. He's local, has a big support network and knows the area, feels at home.

Reminds me a little bit of Tom Huddlestone, his stature and his eye for a pass and strength. Hopefully he isn't as injury prone as Tom + fitter. 

3 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I was reliably informed Rogers has the capability to fill all of Buendia’s hole quite comfortably. He’s got a lovely touch for a big man. 

Is the touching when he is filling Buendia or separate?

5 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Haha who was the clown that said that?

Egal something, it was on some panel of Arsenal fans after our game. I can't find the video unfortunately, it was a random watch. Got a right chuckle out of me and some of the other guys on there too even though they were angry. Genuine bewilderment on his part.

• Like 1

he must be loving it, going from top half championship in Jan, to fighting for top 4 and playing in the quarters of a European competition, as well as actually nailing down a semi-regular starting place quite early in to his time here.

what a ride.

• Like 1

I don’t anyone saw him putting these performances this fast. The good thing as I mentioned before is that he’s improving while we’re being in a real tough period. Yes players not available helped him getting chances, but at the same time most of the team are getting tired, and not have Kamara is making controlling games tougher. So for Rogers to grow in the PL, I think we might have a real good player soon enough. Last season no one saw what Moreno would add but he helped us getting to Europe. Hopefully Rogers helps us to qualify to CL and win the Conference. 

Â