Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

On 03/02/2024 at 18:13, AV82 said:

Ollie *is* a perfect example in that he now conserves his energy and is learning all the time. He's always been able to finish but it's harder when you've been chasing shadows across the pitch for 90 minutes with your manager (Gerrard) egging you on to 'put yourself about'. Personally I think the biggest impact on his finishing has been his fatigue management. That's not to say you can't practice and improve your finishing but there's other factors at play that can be coached.

He is. It's one thing to run like a man possessed but to then have the composure to beat the goalkeeper or make the important shot accurately is another thing. My legs are usually like jelly if I've run and found myself in the box with a chance to score.

• Like 1

Would have been a dream debut and capped off an excellent days work all round if he’d buried that chance on Saturday.

Looked okay when he came on, has to be said it was against a dispirited and poor team but still, some good early indications that he might go on to become an asset.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 18:54, useless said:

He hasn't been signed as a centre-forward, Emery isn't Steve Bruce and going to play him upfront just because he's tall.

It's not a mystery he's played most of his career on the left hand side, and has played as a No.10 this season and done well, those are the two positions he's been brought in to play

Christopher Samba, striker extraordinaire.

On 12/02/2024 at 10:30, Tomaszk said:

We need a goal and left on the bench behind Zaniolo and a left back.

Shame.

I don't expect we'll see much of him this season. He's a project player.

• Like 2

A guy with 10 PL mins to his name and 2 weeks training with the team stayed on the bench while our Italian international came on... 

Might be a different story over the next couple of games and as the season progresses but I doubt Rogers is there yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

A guy with 10 PL mins to his name and 2 weeks training with the team stayed on the bench while our Italian international came on... 

Might be a different story over the next couple of games and as the season progresses but I doubt Rogers is there yet

Luton feels like the sort of game we'll give him a start in.

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I don’t see him starting any league games, imo opinion it’ll be some sub appearances but one for the future really…

Yeah he'll get minutes from the bench you'd think, especially in Europe. Up to him then, if he can capitalise and stake a claim for a place there's nothing standing in his way.

• Like 1

Can see him getting a few starts and a lot of mins from the bench, especially if McGinn is moved back to partner Luiz. He has a chance to break into the first team with Kamara injury.

8 hours ago, nick76 said:

I don’t see him starting any league games, imo opinion it’ll be some sub appearances but one for the future really…

Have to see what Thurs-Sunday does, we'll certainly be picking up a few more injuries this season although let's hope it's more of the knock nature than dreaded ACL.

• Like 1

That counter late on - Did well to accelerate and win that header, played the pass quickly and into loads of space, then went for the classy side foot finish.

It's the small things but I can just tell this guy is a really classy player.

Â