Morgan Rogers

Pongo Waring

I haven't seen an awful lot of him, so I don't know, in fact the last time I watched him play was for Lincoln in the play-offs, back then he was playing as a left winger that liked to cut inside onto his right foot, I guess he was somewhat similar to Ramsey in the sense of being a powerful runner and being capable of carrying the ball at pace, but this season for Middlesbrough has been playing as a No.10 and doing well there, so seems he's got that side to his game as well, maybe he's more similar to Aaron in terms of style, but more similar to Jacob in terms of build

9 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Doesn't look like a similar player to JJ to me.

to me, he looks like the type/style player we thought we were getting in Zaniolo.

Now, it might turn out that Rodgers is not the player we thought we were getting, but you know what i mean! :P

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

City paid £4m when he was still only sixteen, that's how highly rated he was one, he had already played for West Brom's first team.

And it's not as if he's been a massive flop since then, or if he disappared off the scene,  he was one of the best players in a League One team that reached Play-Off final, at that point would have still only been seventeen or eighteen.

Then had a couple of seasons in the Championship, stats might not look super impressive, but I think he was injured for a big chunk of spell at Bournemouth and his other club was Blackpool, not exactly easy for any youngster to impress in a team that are likely to be one of the strugglers in their league point is he was still good enough to be playing Championship level at such a young age.

And now he's showing why he was so highly rated when younger, but it's not as if he's a late bloomer, as he's still only twenty-one, and in the mean time, he's being doing better than most other players his age in his development years

It sounds like a few of the big clubs were interested in Rogers when he went to City, I wonder if one was Arsenal when Unai was there and he has kept tabs on him since and liked what he saw in the FA Cup game.

39 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

God you used to say the same thing when you wanted Smith sacked.  

We're the other end of the table and it's the same. 

Yeah, Smith took us as far as he could, an we moved on to Emery, bingo.

Nothing wrong with having high expectations in life, or different opinions, deal with it!!

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah, Smith took us as far as he could, an we moved on to Emery, bingo.

Nothing wrong with having high expectations in life, or different opinions, deal with it!!

Nothing at all.

but at the same time, if you voice your opinion on a forum, expect to have it commented on, and disagreed with.

This place would be properly boring if everyone agreed all the time.  

So as much as I don’t agree with your opinion on this matter, I’m very much glad you have it, and voiced it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Boro mate of mine says he’s a level above Aaron Ramsey in his opinion, in both performance and potential. He’s a year older, mind you. He said he thought a fair deal would be £10m and loaned back until the summer. Just a view from ‘the other side’.

One thing he’s got going for him is his physique. He’s clearly an athlete. I’m not sure A. Ramsey ever was. He struggles compared to his brother in this regard. Emery will like that as I believe he likes strong runners who don’t mind doing the defensive side of things. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

One thing he’s got going for him is his physique. He’s clearly an athlete. I’m not sure A. Ramsey ever was. He struggles compared to his brother in this regard. Emery will like that as I believe he likes strong runners who don’t mind doing the defensive side of things. 

I'm conditioned to only look at potential signings in terms of @TRO unit size and I think he ticks the boxes

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Smith took us as far as he could, an we moved on to Emery, bingo

Not before we endured Slippy G almost getting us relegated back to the championship. It was hardly a smooth transition from one to Villa man to another!

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Morgan Rogers for £15m say and £75k a week sounds decent. Some would rather +£50m and £150k for Morgan Gibbs White

We’re not going to be paying Rogers £75k a week.

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Like 4

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

We’re not going to be playing Rogers £75k a week.

Probably not. He's allegedly on £19k currently. £75k seems to be our base atm. We matched Dendoncker £90k according to reports so definitely some savings to be made on squad fillers

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Probably not. He's allegedly on £19k currently. £75k seems to be our base atm. We matched Dendoncker £90k according to reports so definitely some savings to be made on squad fillers

Christ. Makes my eyes bleed knowing we’re paying Dendoncker that. 

Id imagine Rogers would come in on closer to £30k tbh. There is no need to double or treble his wages. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join Villa specifically I imagine so he’ll be champing at the quim to try and make the move. 

Â