Weekends Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

I think a draw would suit us best here.   Spurs are probably our biggest rivals for a CL place but I can see United improving second half of the season with their injured players coming back, and Hojland now knowing where the net is, also being a rival for top 4.   

1 minute ago, El Segundo said:

I think a draw would suit us best here.   Spurs are probably our biggest rivals for a CL place but I can see United improving second half of the season with their injured players coming back, and Hojland now knowing where the net is, also being a rival for top 4.   

Nah we need to keep Spurs at bay. Man Utd will do well to finish 6th

• Like 2

Man. United playing like Everton did v us earlier.

All they have is hitting passes into the corner and getting Rashford or Garnacho to run after it.

Criminal the lack of control we had in second half up there.

• Like 1

Spurs will feel a bit like us with this draw. They were by far the better team today but did not turn that superiority into goals.

they are looking sharper than us but hopefully with Tielemans back and hopefully Torres soon, we can go up a couple of gears!

1 minute ago, Lochheads twin said:

Spurs will feel a bit like us with this draw. They were by far the better team today but did not turn that superiority into goals.

they are looking sharper than us but hopefully with Tielemans back and hopefully Torres soon, we can go up a couple of gears!

2 weeks off, everyone fit and no injuries, apart from the obvious 2. Emery will have a chat, work out how we are going to beat these low block teams, then we come back strong for the rest of the season. UTV

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Man Utd got us out of jail there holding Spurs to a draw. Poor result for us today but got away with it

We kinda did, but as I said above, how many chnaces do we need to pull away from 5th place.

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

We kinda did, but as I said above, how many chnaces do we need to pull away from 5th place.

More chances and a good slice of luck. It’s going to be a challenge staying ahead of Spurs, they have a very strong squad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Next 3:

Us: Newcastle (H), Sheff Utd (A), Man Utd (H)

Spurs: Brentford (H), Everton (A), Brighton (H)

Who’s getting more points?

Five each I reckon 

12 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Next 3:

Us: Newcastle (H), Sheff Utd (A), Man Utd (H)

Spurs: Brentford (H), Everton (A), Brighton (H)

Who’s getting more points?

I'll be expecting to beat Newcastle, a loss and I think we can then admit we'll be on our way out the top 4. Sheffiled, I hope we have learnt how to handle the low block by then. Man poo at home, draw at best.

Â