Weekends Football 12/14 January

andykeenan

3 hours ago, villan95 said:

Do cards in the cup count? 🤔

If you keep getting booked in FA cup it just carries over into the next round and he's suspended for that. I guess the carling cup yellows just got expunged on them being eliminated otherwise he'd have served a two match ban over xmas.

We beat them comfortably last season at VP with him in midfield but they'd have been massively weakened without him and the injuries to others.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If you keep getting booked in FA cup it just carries over into the next round and he's suspended for that. I guess the carling cup yellows just got expunged on them being eliminated otherwise he'd have served a two match ban over xmas.

We beat them comfortably last season at VP with him in midfield but they'd have been massively weakened without him and the injuries to others.

Yeah I saw after I'd posted. Still we should have enough to beat them as long as we don't give up too many chances.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Lee Hendrie does this as well, he really does. He does it so often it becomes distracting to the point where I'm thinking less about the game and more about when he's gonna say it next. Obviously used for emphasis, but it's kind of lazy. It really is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

PSV are romping home in the Eredivisie. So far this season they have a 100% record. P17 W17 D0 L0 GD+52 Pts51. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep and going in to our game they've got to be considered in bad form without being hard done by and getting some motivation 

Beat them and it's very hard to see them catching us no matter how pessimistic us fans are 

Great result for us. As I said before the game, Man City will piss the league with De Bruyne back and we will not be within 10-15 points of them come May. 

Newcastle however, won't be catching us now and that means that only Spurs and Man United can realistically stop us from CL football.

Amazing to be in this position and will be even better if we can beat them next week!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

Newcastle however, won't be catching us now and that means that only Spurs and Man United can realistically stop us from CL football.

We'll finish above Arsenal. They don't have a striker and their 4 top scorers with 55 goals combined last season have 15 total currently

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

We'll finish above Arsenal. They don't have a striker and their 4 top scorers with 55 goals combined last season have 15 total currently

I don't think we will but we won't be too far off them. 5 points maybe.

1 Cheats FC (at least 10 points above 2nd)

2 Liverpool 

3 Arsenal

4 Spurs

5 Villa

6 Man United

That is where my money would be and that should get us into the CL. 

We really need to win today and hope Man United and Spurs draw. 

I don't think we will but we won't be too far off them. 5 points maybe.

1 Cheats FC (at least 10 points above 2nd)

2 Liverpool 

3 Arsenal

4 Spurs

5 Villa

6 Man United

That is where my money would be and that should get us into the CL. 

We really need to win today and hope Man United and Spurs draw. 

I think Liverpool will win the league unless it's us. I hope they do instead of City. 2 titles under cloud of 115 charges after announced. They will get kicked down to conference league. I'm sure of it

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

I think Liverpool will win the league unless it's us. I hope they do instead of City. 2 titles under cloud of 115 charges after announced. They will get kicked down to conference league. I'm sure of it

You have Man City as THIRD favourites for the title?

Behind us??

Come on, you can't be serious.

Also, Man City are not going to be relegated even one division never mind 4. It will just never happen.

And they will finish close to 10 points clear of Liverpool, who I do think will come 2nd.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Also, Man City are not going to be relegated even one division never mind 4. It will just never happen.

Firstly if they get points deduction to send them to lower division EFL not obliged to accept them and why would they. 

There's precedence in other leagues of teams getting kicked down several divisions. 

I think the talk of government involvement protecting them is nonsense. The UK government has actively said get your shit in order regards FFP. They had no problem making Abramovich persona non grata over Russia vs Ukraine.

The PL is a closed shop of sorts. Everton points deduction is a benchmark and every club other than Man City will be gunning for them to get punished and won't accept a slap on the wrist. 

That's my rant. I think City will be **** and possibly Chelsea too

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

Lee Hendrie does this as well, he really does. He does it so often it becomes distracting to the point where I'm thinking less about the game and more about when he's gonna say it next. Obviously used for emphasis, but it's kind of lazy. It really is.

This is the best post I’ve read today. It really is 

You have Man City as THIRD favourites for the title?

Behind us??

Come on, you can't be serious.

And they will finish close to 10 points clear of Liverpool, who I do think will come 2nd.

Dunno about the 10 points but agree with this, it's what city do time and time again, come the business end of the season their incredible squad depth kicks in 

Â