New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

35 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Something remarkable about watching this. This game involved Klopp, Howe, Carragher, Neville, the city of Liverpool and the city of Newcastle…

…and yet the most infuriating thing about this game was Peter Drury. I don’t think there is anything my irritating in football right now than his commentary. Could almost hear his pre-prepared paper of Shakespearean shite that he’d written down trembling in his hand with his cock in the other every time Salah had a shot to complete his hat-trick. 

You'd think Salah was going off to war with the shite he  was spewing.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We were getting talked about in the media as title contenders for a short while there but the matches against Sheffield and Man U seems to have knocked that on the head. 

Yet back to back arsenal losses hasn’t done the same thing for them…

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

MOHAMMED SALAH! THE KING OF CAIRO! THE ELEGANT EGYPTIAN! THE MAN WHO THE KOPP ADORES AND FOR KLOPP HE SCORES! HE WILL NEVER WALK ALONE AS HE SITS ON HIS THRONE THAT HE BUILT ON HIS OWN WITH HIS RECORD BREAKING REIGN OF RAMPAGE! RIFLING HOME FOR THE REDS! THE LIVER BIRD LIVES ON IN HIS LEGENDARY LEGACY FOR LIVERPOOL! A SIGNATURE FINISH FOR THE SCOUSER BY HEART, WHICH FOR HIM IS AN ART!

I never have and never will watch SkyScumSport and I might sound daft here but...is any of that actually real?

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I never have and never will watch SkyScumSport and I might sound daft here but...is any of that actually real?

With Peter Drury it probably is. Somebody has told him he is a Poet Laureate and commentates as if he is

56 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

It’s not far off. Honestly listen to just a bit of one game he commentates on from the start. It’s extremely cringeworthy how he tries to Hollywood everything 

I have "access" to lots of channels and watched the non-UK/Sky feed of the Liverpool game. Pretty sure Martin Tyler and Andy Townsend were the commentators. I refuse to watch the Sky feed if Neville/Carra are talking their usual shite.

Watching Brighton and West Ham are such a contrast of styles. Brighton have the ball and so many players in the middle of the park but no one to create. Just a very long training session.

West Ham are the opposite and just get forward carrying the ball to cause some magic.

Brighton are obviously a much better side, but I have the same feeling watching them when I watch Burnley without Foster. Lots of the ball but how are they going to score? 

You can see why West Ham fans want Moyes gone. They are massively overperforming points wise and the football is so boring. Its inevitable they fall off at some point with him there, good time to chop him while they look attractive to a better manager. 

1 minute ago, AndyM3000 said:

You can see why West Ham fans want Moyes gone. They are massively overperforming points wise and the football is so boring. Its inevitable they fall off at some point with him there, good time to chop him while they look attractive to a better manager. 

He's turned west ham into the Everton team he had. Decent side, boring football and walloping the glass ceiling that you get with Moyes at the helm. I'm sure he will be a legend there given he actually won something for them. 

• Like 1

Â