Crysencio Summerville

Tom13

44 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I probably have seen him then, might see if I can see some games/mins of him from last year

He's actually been at Leeds since Sept 2020! Didn't think it was as long as that tbh.

12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Highly doubt we will be doing January transfers in the championship. 

As much as that might be true, I’ve never bought into the idea that there isn’t enough quality in the Championship. 

I mean, look at some of our better players. McGinn, Mings, Watkins. Then there is the likes of Buendia, Cash. You’ve got the likes of Bowen at West Ham, Olise and Eze at Palace. Lots of quality has come from the championship or played in the championship. I’d actually argue the standard of football in that division is better than most other leagues if you take the big clubs out of the argument. I mean, Leeds vs. Ipswich. I bet that’s a better game than Udinese vs. Bologna. 

I don’t know a lot about Summerville other than he’s very quick. BUT, buying from the championship doesn’t bother me one bit at all. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I mean, look at some of our better players. McGinn, Mings, Watkins. Then there is the likes of Buendia, Cash. You’ve got the likes of Bowen at West Ham, Olise and Eze at Palace. Lots of quality has come from the championship or played in the championship. I’d actually argue the standard of football in that division is better than most other leagues if you take the big clubs out of the argument. I mean, Leeds vs. Ipswich. I bet that’s a better game than Udinese vs. Bologna. 

I don’t know a lot about Summerville other than he’s very quick. BUT, buying from the championship doesn’t bother me one bit at all. 

b1c0a049de4ace4e8548899b76d5c6f7.gif

Edited by Tom13
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think I’ve seen him play, was he in the Leeds squad in the PL last season?

Yes he was in and out of their team in the second half of last season. Really established himself this season and deservedly keeping Gnonto out of the team.

Would be a decent signing but they'd want more than 20m given his season so far.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rightdm00 said:

Highly doubt we will be doing January transfers in the championship. 

Last January we signed a player from the MLS so don't see why not.

I think we'll sign another development player upfront and think Summerville would be able to come in and have more impact than Duran when he signed last summer.

39 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

There is no way Leeds sell

Everyone has a price, especially in the Championship. The better question is, is he worth what that price would be? (I don't know the answer). But while Leeds are doing very well, they're 7 points off the automatic spots and level with Southampton, so while of course Leeds might get promoted it's probably more likely they don't. The way Romano seems to operate is that people just tell him what to tweet and he tweets it out, so a logical question would be: who told him to write this tweet? Doesn't make sense for it to be Leeds, nor does it make much sense for it to be us. So it's probably the player and his agent testing the water. And no surprise, because his stats this season are brilliant while the club might not go up, and I'm sure he knows his value is at its highest now and he doesn't want to spend another season in that division. 

Anyway, I'm rambling, but basically I think it's a reasonable guess that the player wants a move (of course, maybe not to us) and that Leeds will have *a* price at which they would sell him, but that we might not want to pay that and might not be interested at all in the first place. 

• Like 1

Â