Crysencio Summerville

Tom13

Summerville caught the eye last season. He had a real nice spell of scoring game winning goals. So I put him in my fantasy team and then he stopped scoring. If we sign him I promise not to put him in my fantasy team.

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

As much as that might be true, I’ve never bought into the idea that there isn’t enough quality in the Championship. 

I mean, look at some of our better players. McGinn, Mings, Watkins. Then there is the likes of Buendia, Cash. You’ve got the likes of Bowen at West Ham, Olise and Eze at Palace. Lots of quality has come from the championship or played in the championship. I’d actually argue the standard of football in that division is better than most other leagues if you take the big clubs out of the argument. I mean, Leeds vs. Ipswich. I bet that’s a better game than Udinese vs. Bologna. 

I don’t know a lot about Summerville other than he’s very quick. BUT, buying from the championship doesn’t bother me one bit at all. 

It's not that buying from the championship is bad. It just takes awhile for most of the players to adjust to the PL. Look at how long it took McGinn to find his footing. Sometimes you get a guy like Ollie but he wasn't cheap. So given that your January signings usually need to hit the ground running I doubt we make that move in the winter. 

Might be something, might be nothing but there were a lot of speculations linking him to us at the start of last summer.

Aston Villa are one of two clubs showing interest in derailing a Leeds Utd winger’s move to a Champions League side, per a report.

Aston Villa are showing ambition in the market, though as yet it’s not borne fruit. Indeed, Unai Emery’s side were firmly in the race to sign Real Madrid’s Marco Asensio before being shunted aside by PSG.

However, according to the latest from the Netherlands, Villa may yet be the ones doing the hijacking with regards to Leeds forward, Crysencio Summerville.

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/aston-villa-threaten-hijack-signing-leeds-utd-winger-could-immediately-join-psv-eindhoven-unai-emery-delays

Reports last week suggested Leeds had already rejected a bid in the region of £10m for the Dutch winger from Feyenoord.
Summerville seems keen on a move away from Elland Road and Feyenoord are not the only club interested with Dortmund, PSV, RB Leipzig and Aston Villa monitoring his situation.

https://www.planetsport.com/soccer/news/crysencio-summerville-reportedly-release-clause-20m-leeds-united-leave-less

The likes of Aston Villa, Everton, PSV and Feyenoord have all been linked with the Leeds youngster this summer. The Netherlands exit from the Euros should now speed up talks with the Whites, with Summerville himself saying he would address his future after the tournament.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/crysencio-summerville-leeds-united-transfer-27214404

And so on and so on. You get the point. Villa were thrown in as a name in almost every player rumor so possibly nothing in it but could also be that we are in fact actually interested.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

And so on and so on. You get the point. Villa were thrown in as a name in almost every player rumor so possibly nothing in it but could also be that we are in fact actually interested.

I said in Jan transfer thread I can't see Leeds selling key talent after 49ers group takeover. That's reasonable financial clout. Used to be that Ramano was reliable but he seems to be throwing out a lot of marginal rumours last few windows. 

21 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I said in Jan transfer thread I can't see Leeds selling key talent after 49ers group takeover. That's reasonable financial clout. Used to be that Ramano was reliable but he seems to be throwing out a lot of marginal rumours last few windows. 

Been speculated that he has a £20m release clause and if so it's not much they can do apart from having him sign a new contract. He may also have had a relegation release clause activated when they went down. We (I) know even less about other clubs players contracts than we do about Villa contracts.

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Been speculated that he has a £20m release clause and if so it's not much they can do apart from having him sign a new contract. He may also have had a relegation release clause activated when they went down. We (I) know even less about other clubs players contracts than we do about Villa contracts.

If that's true and player wants to move then I'd be for it just to wind up my Leeds supporting mate 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

At least he's right footed. That's a plus!

Oddly enough, he reminds me most of Philogene. A great carrier of the ball coming in from the left primarily - though he has played on both flanks. He's more of a traditional winger in that way - looks to put players in behind, lots of second assists and set up passes. Not the greatest striker of the ball but can fulfill a creator role that we have been missing with JJ out. Will be asked to do different things in the build up if we acquire him, so that is a question mark on whether he can drift into the midfield when we play 4222 against a high press - and then play as an auxiliary wingback.

Not sure what the market price for him will be, maybe around 20-30m? I would think a natural competition for that LM spot and that RM spot on occasion depending on our set up. Certainly not a natural fit for the second striker spot and definitely not as the striker in our system. I would still prefer a RB first and CM cover, but in terms of prospects and Unai elevating his ability - I think it's a decent deal if it goes through.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pongo Waring said:

His numbers are pretty amazing in the Championship this season

One season wonder? 

Living in Leeds I actually have a slight soft spot for the team and the Podcast The Square Ball is top tier in terms of team specific podcast. Don't know anyone that doesn't rave about this guy and think he's brilliant.

He's only turned 22 a couple months ago so to be honest I think he's a similar situation to lots of European talents moving to the Prem. They bought a brilliant talent around 18/19 but were fighting relegation and he wasn't ready to be bedded in slowly, he wasn't given the opportunity to cameo and make a name for himself.

There's people who still have no idea who Duran is even though we spent £20+mil on him a year ago. Some of these guys just stay out of sight for a while. 

• Like 1

Â