• Moreno (Digne 49)
    • Diaby (Ramsey 77)
    • Zaniolo (Bailey 77)
    • Durán (McGinn 86)
    • Iroegbunam (Dendocker 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/23 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

We have a way of playing and whoever comes in plays that way, regardless of ability.

Welp, the good news is that... Window Wednesdays are just around the corner.

The bad news is... It's not our fringe players who let us down tonight, it was the ones with all the " ability ".

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Two of our most crucial components to the way we play and still no decent RB or LM. Now we're up to almost half our out field team.

It seems like Emery has decided he is happy with Konsa as the RB. And Ramsey at full flow last season was definitely good enough to start LM, although agree he hasn't been good post injury yet.

Just now, Mantis said:

But we're actually fairly flexible? I don't think the insistence on playing out from the back really counts as stubbornness.

Well, it kinda does if you’re ill equipped to do it with the personnel at your disposal. 

I think we have a very rigid way of playing, with slight tweaks every so often, but we have a lot of players who can play different positions - which helps more often than not. Ramsey and McGinn can play anywhere across the middle. Konsa can play right back, Diaby can play wide or up top. Bailey too. 

Our system is our system and I don’t see it change too much tbh. And we Always play out from the back. Again, not necessarily a bad thing. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The bad news is... It's not our fringe players who let us down tonight, it was the ones with all the " ability ".

Dendoncker and Lenglet are fringe players and they were both instrumental in the shitshow tonight.

The problem is the lack of depth.

2 minutes ago, string28 said:

I think we need to see that we are no way getting top four we really aren't good enough.

We’re not better than Liverpool, Arsenal and City. But there is a drop off between those 3 and a number of teams (mainly us, Spurs, United, even West Ham and Brighton). 4th place will come down to who is luckiest with injuries and can manage their squads best. 

• Like 2

I think the result shows the season has caught up with the team, too many players with a lot of minutes (McGinn, Luiz, Watkins, Konsa) and the difference between our best eleven and when 3-4 are missing. We've been lucky with Pau as he has taken over the leadership role in defense from Mings and Konsa doesn't have as much control when at RB.

Not a surprise with Kamara missing the last 2 matches that we haven't looked fluid with the ball in the midfield, while others players like Diaby, Ramsey are out of form. 

The 9 days with Mostar, Brentford, Man City & Arsenal can't be underestimated, the players have come off flat and you can see the drop off in performance.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

It seems like Emery has decided he is happy with Konsa as the RB. And Ramsey at full flow last season was definitely good enough to start LM, although agree he hasn't been good post injury yet.

I think you're right but I hope not. With Carlos dropping clangers we're missing Konsa's reliability in the middle. I agree Ramsey needs time to sharpen up, more than we thought. We're also desperately missing Tielemans either out on the left or as cover for in the middle.

Edited by AV82
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I totally agree.

That’s why you need to change the way you play or the system or SOMETHING. Play long ball, low risk stuff for 20 mins. Win a few corners or throw ins deep in their half. Keep the ball away from our own 18 yard box where a mistake won’t be critical. 

Our players were poor tonight, but the in game management was worse. 

• Like 1

They hadn't scored for 450 minutes or something and then we go and let them score 3. We posed pretty much no attacking threat in the 2nd half. Played at a snails pace thinking it was a piece of piss at 2-0 and then couldn't get going again once they did. Too many passengers today. I can kind of forgive the ones that aren't good enough like Dendoncker but others like Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Watkins etc. should be doing far more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Home performances have been mostly brilliant, can't fault them at all. 

Away performances are a serious issue which have kept being masked over. An ongoing issue which doesn't look like it's being resolved any time soon and that's a big concern. 

Our home form has been great but even then I don't think we have been great on the pitch

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I totally agree.

That’s why you need to change the way you play or the system or SOMETHING. Play long ball, low risk stuff for 20 mins. Win a few corners or throw ins deep in their half. Keep the ball away from our own 18 yard box where a mistake won’t be critical. 

Our players were poor tonight, but the in game management was worse. 

Disagree strongly.  That is what held us back, arguably for two decades. Unai came in and insisted we no longer do that and we are sitting third in the league. Sometimes it goes against you but it sure beats sitting closer to third from bottom as we have so many seasons

• Like 1