• Moreno (Digne 49)
    • Diaby (Ramsey 77)
    • Zaniolo (Bailey 77)
    • Durán (McGinn 86)
    • Iroegbunam (Dendocker 86)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/12/23 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah but he offered no outlet at all.  He wasn’t to blame for this defeat but he was one of about 7 that were extremely poor after the second goal.

Strikers sometime have to make their own luck. Watkins didn't want to make anything. 

• Like 1

Also sorry, I may end up regretting saying this, but Diaby looks like a **** luxury at ~£50m.

What's the point in having him and Bailey in the same squad when our flanks are bleeding at the back? It's a bit **** daft.

He's woefully ineffective right now too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Considering we played that game with our back up CBs (Lenglet and Carlos), no proper RB (Konsa), missing our best CM (Kamara), arguably no LM (Ramsey was incredibly poor) and that Douglas and McGinn unfortunately had poor games I'm starting relax a bit. 

Oher than Kamara for Dendoncker and Torres for Lenglet that is arguably our strongest 11 😕

Just now, est1874 said:

Also sorry, I may end up regretting saying this, but Diaby looks like a **** luxury at ~£50m.

What's the point in having him and Bailey in the same squad when our flanks are bleeding at the back? It's a bit **** daft.

He's woefully ineffective right now too.

Who saw Bailey being the player he is this season? It's huge credit to him he's played well enough to earn the spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I was insulating questions will be asked IF we dot beat Burnley regards our ability to finish in top 6. And I've not touched a drop thanks to a 6 week infectionz but cheers all the same.

Re-read your post, you said questions will be asked about the manager. 

Fail to beat burnley and no sane fan will be questioning our manager. 

Hope you're feeling better

Abject second half, mistake after. mistake and didn't adjust even though their press was clearly causing issues and passing was off all game.  Ending as another one of those pathetic Old Trafford capitalions we should have left behind.

It's been a great first half to the season, pity to end it on the lowest of low points. Pretend title challenge definitely over now.

Just now, GingerCollins29 said:

Re-read your post, you said questions will be asked about the manager. 

Fail to beat burnley and no sane fan will be questioning our manager. 

Hope you're feeling better

Sorry, that's not what I meant, I meant the pundits will ask about him.

13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

We’ll follow that pile of crap up with a defeat to Burnley as well. We are in bad form currently. Hope Unai knows how to turn it around. I think we have been poor since the Brentford game, despite winning that one. 

Our bad form consists of 10 points out of a possible 15 including games against Man City and Arsenal. We’ve had a couple of games where we haven’t been at our best. Probably deserved more against Sheffield United and got what we deserved tonight.

Ona separate point the late subs is one of my favourite criticisms of managers at Villa. We’re overachieving and have a load of players nowhere near the level required on the bench. If he brought players on earlier we’d still have lost and then he’d be getting criticism for making the subs.

We desperately need some reinforcements in January but we’re miles ahead of where we thought we’d be. If we want to stay in a champions league hunt then we’re going to need to have far more on the bench and to allow us to refresh things from time to time.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Weakness of our squad was exposed tonight.

It was exposed before kick off when we saw the starting 11. Some people expressed as much only to be shot down by the "better fan than you" crowd for being "negative".

This was the most obvious outcome I can remember in a long time.

Thankfully, we have a great set up and will work to fix these problems in the coming windows.

For now though, we are a top 5 side at best. And that's totally ok with me.

But, why against these ******* again!?

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

Villa deserved their two-lead but United were just better for the last half-hour.

While the Villa fans will be wondering if our bubble has burst, the United fans will be asking themselves if tonight's performance will prove a flash in the pan.

And the rest.

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

It’s not all that concerning given what we rolled out. 

Maybe more emblematic of a lack of depth in key areas (we need another RB for ****’s sake!)

I will say that his insistence on thinking Dendoncker can be the same as Kamara was our main downfall today. 

But what’s the alternative to playing dendoncker there? We don’t have any other options. Hopefully by the end of January we’ll have a more able backup and won’t need to play dendoncker there.

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Fresh legs though, makes a world of difference. Ramsey, Dendonker, Carlos were done out there at 60 minutes.

Maybe but they had 20 minutes and didn’t do anything between them. I’m not saying don’t make subs btw but they wasn’t what we needed to wrestle some control back. Our lack of depth killed us tonight imo.

Edited by WHY

Thought from the start we'd lose tonight. Too many injuries and our luck running out on us. Fair play to all for getting us to this point but I now think the 2nd half of the season will show us where we are really at. The crest of the wave is dying down and reality is kicking in. We're doing great, let's aim for top 4 and see where we end up. 

UTV.

And f*** United.