Match Thread: Villa v Sheff Utd

limpid

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Fifteen wins at home in a row.

Beat best two teams in the country, completely dominating the champions.

Yet, "mentally weak", for being 0-0 at half time. I detest that a modicum of success does this to some fans 

Oh ok because we haven’t been ‘successful’ for the past 20 years then we shouldn’t expect to go top of the league against the side that are bottom. Fine ok. Might as well just lose then. 

The top sides win games. If we want to be a top team we need to be beating the sides that are holding up the rest of pack. Comfortably. I saw nothing that half which suggested we would go for the jugular. We just tapped the ball about a lot. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Oh ok because we haven’t been ‘successful’ for the past 20 years then we shouldn’t expect to go top of the league against the side that are bottom. Fine ok. Might as well just lose then. 

The top sides win games. If we want to be a top team we need to be beating the sides that are holding up the rest of pack. Comfortably. I saw nothing there half which suggested we would go for the jugular. We just tapped the ball about a lot. 

The majority of the top sides also sit below us in the table. Football is and never has been as black and white as 'we shud win dis gaym'.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tayls said:

The top sides win games. If we want to be a top team we need to be beating the sides that are holding up the rest of pack. Comfortably. I saw nothing there half which suggested we would go for the jugular. We just tapped the ball about a lot. 

"Mentally weak" were your words. We are expected to win this, of course. However, if we don't, we're not "mentally weak".

Are Man City mentally weak for drawing at home to Palace? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

"Mentally weak" were your words. We are expected to win this, of course. However, if we don't, we're not "mentally weak".

Are Man City mentally weak for drawing at home to Palace? 

You're arguing the toss against someone who thought we were going down in February-March last season, don't bother :D 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Thanks 1