Aston Villa Kits and Merchandise 24/25

est1874

13 hours ago, est1874 said:

Fully stand by what I said. It's money-grubbing bullshit and you well know it. Subjectivity has nothing to do with it 

It doesn't really bother me at all, there are more important things to worry about.

You don't like it fine. That's IS your opnion based on your feelings hence often referred to as subjective.

13 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

I don't really have a problem with it tbh. If it's an actual '4th kit', as in, one we would actually use in matches, I suppose I'd agree. But is it not more likely just going to be something nice for fans to buy? We release a dearth of crap leisurewear and training gear each year, and it's always rubbish. A commemorative 4th kit, whatever that means, at least sounds like something I might be interested in buying

Yes I prefer to take an objective look, it's a business too this football world.

A fourth kit would be a new idea to commemorate our 150th year, it's a wonderful moment for the club and the fans.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

No, that's horrible. What's with all the flowers? And the collar is awful. And where is the badge?

Actually that as a 4th kit would make my day… I’d buy it for the lol, but I suspect I be the only one 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jas10 said:

😆 sorry mate, I get it - you want some sort of pattern or detailing on the shirt. Seems to be the trend these days too…

Personally, I prefer clean and classic designs (love vibrant, clean claret myself).

How about these?

spacer.png

And it’s Scuuuuuunthorpe United…Scunthorpe United FC… 🎶 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

No, that's horrible. What's with all the flowers? And the collar is awful. And where is the badge?

Taken a fence to it?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

New kits to be unveiled on Monday according to For The Love of Paul McGrath Podcast. 

I am thinking this would be crazy, why wouldn't you do it June 1?

In getting out of the Castore deal, you have to set the end date at that time: you'd want a buy-out that would terminate after either the UECL final (because we were in that competition at the time of negotiating this deal) or even the FA Cup (which I think we were also in at the time). So if you could be wearing a manufacturer's kit at the future date, how could you end that deal early? It would undercut the term "exclusive." Unless we found a way to get SUPER out of this kit deal early, like we offered more money to get out even sooner.

Now that being said, I don't know how you run Adidas ads in your stadium while under a Castore deal, so clearly there are levels to this I don't comprehend. But it just seems odd. Also, if they're revealing a kit Monday, when would they actually sell it?

Edited by 479Villan

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Could they just specify the day after the our last game in season 23/24 rather than put specific dates in

Sure, that wouldn't explain the adidas ads but would allow a launch on Monday. I just know that every day has value as the "exclusive" anything and if you're getting out of it early, typically you'd want a date certain so you knew what sum certain of funds was involved.

Just now, mykeyb said:

Playing Devils Advocate was there anything in the Adidas ads that tied them to us or was it just implied

The Adidas badge inside the "new" shape crest shield painted adjacent to the club motto, on a building the club owns, next to our ground not enough of a clue? Adidas deal was "leaked" to the press months ago.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I won't lie, I would be super pumped over all this if they hadn't dicked about with the badge the way they have.

Scenes when they reveal the kit but the crest is blurred

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

Will be better then

Joke’s on all of us, club will have 14 crests and there will be a Velcro patch there you can swap and mix them as you like. 

collect all 14 exclusively at…

• Like 1

Â