bannedfromHandV

Diego regularly played LCB in La Liga so I don't think he will have a huge problem there as I don't think Sheffield will press high so they will have a lot of time on the ball.

If Unai goes with an attacking lineup, I think he will go with Konsa-Diego-Lenglet for a more defensive 3 at the back for set pieces and dealing with McBurnie. Archer almost exclusively plays on the left half of the pitch so as much as I like him, Konsa should have that well handled.

• Like 2

I suspect:

Emi

Konsa Carlos Lenglet Moreno

Cash Luiz McGinn Ramsey

Diaby Watkins

Bailey, Digne, Zaniolo, Dendonker and Duran as options to being on depending on how the game is going. Could also see Dendonker in for Cash, Digne in for Moreno and Bailey in for Diaby. Need the win here with a depleted squad. Hopefully Tielemans and Torres back ready for Man Utd. 

I have been quite chilled all week. Was doing the big shop for Christmas with the lads and got bipped at in the car park, would down my window expecting confrontation and be bloke shouted UTV (in reference to my numberplate) and we will be top by 10 o'clock, he believes in the Villa 

Since I got back the reality has sunk in, this is massive, it wil be like Christmas Eve for me tonight and for the fist time since 1981 I have total confidence, 4-1 Villa with a late Archer consolation 

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS 

COME ON ME BABBIES 

DO WE BELIEVE IN THE VILLA........................OH YEAH 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

90 minutes of “**** the super league” please. 

90 minutes of 'Win the league, win the league, win the league' and 'and now your gonna believe us, and now your gonna believe us.............................................

get the Ipswich result up on the scoreboard at the corner of the North Stand 

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

In days past this would be a slip up. Not any more. I believe they will be desperate to continue the winning home run and also get this top spot for at least 22 hours. We have the squad to put together a team witb no obvious weaknesses despite the 3 short term absentees. Lets hope that we are relentless and treat Sheff with respect but also make sure they know they are jn a game from minute 1. This many changes in Europe leads to a slow ponderous build up nornally. I am hopeful that as this is the prem we will play far far quicker out the gate. Get this crowd that have all broken up for xmas into the xmas spirit and play open and expansive football

Let's see how we deal with expectation, because it's likely to become a regular thing if we maintain this upward trajectory. I believe Unai has indelibly etched on the mind of each player just how important every fixture is regardless of the opposition. I would hate us to take anything for granted and think it's only Sheffield United. 

They will be so up for this, and, I imagine, will be their young centre  - forward. That scenario will not be lost on Wilder, he knows how to motivate players, in the way Warnock could. So it's vitally important our intensity matches theirs from the moment that referee blows the whistle. 

I'm always optimistic we will get the job done, and just how nice it will feel to see us atop of the summit, no matter how long. I'm loving this time, please don't spoil my Xmas boys. Get them 3 points. Come on me Babbys!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Villa87 said:

With Tielemans out of the next three that Kamara red is really bloody annoying. If we come through the next three with 7+ points missing Kamara and Tielemans we are going well. Really hope Pau is back for Man Utd. 

There was always going to be trials and tribulations a long the way, it doesn't help that some of the mess could have been avoided, but, fingers crossed, we maintain the focus and belief which has served us so well. 

36 minutes ago, switters said:

Feel like he might start Donk and Zaniolo here. Expect will want to rotate a bit with Boxing day game in mind and Ramsey/Moreno still working back so perhaps:

Konsa-Carlos-Lenglet-Digne

McGinn-Donk-Luiz-Zaniolo

Bailey-Watkins

I legit think Donk deserves a start. He’s done well when he came on and this game is a chance to do so. 

I hope we come out and fix the goal differential. Batter these ****. 

Edited by 479Villan