Match Thread: UECL6: Zrinjski v Villa

limpid

Just now, TheStagMan said:

We are. 

We have already qualified through to the knockout stage. This game is for whether we can win the group and avoid a couple of extra games.

Yes so we arent qualified for the next stage then are we, I dont want us to play a couple more matches or risk going out in them

Heck, this is boring. Zrinjski just want to defend in depth and sneak a breakaway goal. We can’t unpick them. Diaby and Zaniolo should ne the ones to do it but they have both been well below par.

A repeat of this in the second half would be enough to win then group of course but I might be tempted to open a can of paint and watch it dry rather than stick with the football.

Edited by briny_ear

Just now, osmark86 said:

Yup, but a tiny "if". I hope Emery sees it as an unnecessary risk though and tells us to go for it in the second half. 1-0 and it's signed and sealed imo.

I will be much happier too

1 minute ago, Villan_of_oz said:

If.....

There's no way on earth Emery is looking for a draw. He must be frustrated. Really don't understand why Diaby and Duran haven't done more. They can't rely on passes all the time. They need to make some dribbling breaks and run into spaces on angles in front of the box.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jayEm said:

A draw is a draw but it's hard not to feel for any Villans who have travelled all the way over there to watch this. May as well have rocked up on a hillside overlooking Bodymoor Heath.

I think when you travel overseas to watch your team it's not just about the game, there's much more of an experience than travelling to somewhere in this country. I would have loved to have gone there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Great stuff, he must be high in the rankings with almost 5 goals and almost 7 assists for the season!

Similar to when Arsenal 'nearly' signed Ronaldo, Messi, Suarez, Benzema and the rest.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Marka Ragnos said:

There's no way on earth Emery is looking for a draw. He must be frustrated. Really don't understand why Diaby and Duran haven't done more. They can't rely on passes all the time. They need to make some dribbling breaks and run into spaces on angles in front of the box.

Sure hope so, if only to make the viewing more entertaining.

3 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Yes so we arent qualified for the next stage then are we, I dont want us to play a couple more matches or risk going out in them

We are qualified for the next stage.

Winning or drawing this means we get to skip it.

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Diaby can't dribble though.