Terrible TV shows to be avoided at all costs

Genie

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I caught a couple of episodes when it was on before and the contestants were like a cult. Incredibly weird programme.

They don’t even need the 20 people to open the boxes, just get the host or the contestant to do it. They aren’t adding anything at all. 
As you say, it’s cult like. 

it's ok I know what gave you the inspiration really :) 

18 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Don’t think we have a thread for shit TV but after watching the excellent Julius Caesar programme on BBC 2 , its run on into Philomena Cunk , I guess they thought everyone had forgotten Ali G or even to a lesser degree Karl Pilkington and thought they could get away with it , but my god it’s  painfully unfunny  , it’s got no charm , no wit , no nothing … 

edit - ok I did laugh when she said people called World War One the war to end all wars , but some experts now believe that this could be wrong , but it’s not enough to redeem the programme 

i know ignorance if done well can be presented as funny , but  literally this character has been invented to be stupid beyond belief to the point I felt embarrassed for everyone involved in the show 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

it's ok I know what gave you the inspiration really :) 

i know ignorance if done well can be presented as funny , but  literally this character has been invented to be stupid beyond belief to the point I felt embarrassed for everyone involved in the show 

I have seen short clips and don't think its too bad, but only ever watched short clips. I like the actress who plays the character but not sure that kind of comedy is fully for me.

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I have seen short clips and don't think its too bad, but only ever watched short clips. I like the actress who plays the character but not sure that kind of comedy is fully for me.

tbh I've only seen her before in After Life  ..  its on the writing though , not the actress 

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbh I've only seen her before in After Life  ..  its on the writing though , not the actress 

I was actually going to say After Life, but it's finished now anyway I think.  I'll just say whatever Gervais's next project is, unless Merchant is involved again.

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Possibly a bigger issue, it's on the regulations rather than the writing. There was a change that meant that sort of programme now has to have the consent of the participants before they film. So whereas Ali G and its ilk was done "blind", all the Cunk stuff - everyone is in on the joke. 

Which renders the whole thing pretty pointless. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Anthony said:

Mrs Brown's Boys anyone?

What I can't fathom is what kind of hold does Brendan O'Carroll have over the BBC, he always has a Christmas special, on Christmas Day, the overnight ratings for it are mediocre, its critically panned, I just can't work out how he does it.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think there’s room for this niche. 

I’ll start with what inspired the thread, just popped the TV on and it’s the new series of Deal or No Deal.

I could only stomach 4 or 5 minutes but it really has picked up where the old one left off. They’ve actually made it worse in that the maximum prize has been reduced from £250k to £100k.

It’s a game of chance but they just massively the overplay tactics and planning of it. 

The host is saying “right, the £75k is still out there, you absolutely MUST avoid opening that at all costs”.

It’s a game of chance mate. 

Contestant picks a box, then the woman opening it tries to appear like she’s physic “I KNOW it’s a blue, I just know it”.

Box opens, £75k

”I’m so sorry” she says

Why are you apologising? Your job was to open and a box and you’ve done it.

Throw it in the bin. Absolute dog shit.

Can't believe this show is still on the TV!

It was shite years ago and by the sounds of things it's still shite now - with an even more annoying arsehole presenting it.

Â