viivvaa66

2 hours ago, VBM said:

For the first time in ages, I am not worried they are going to smash us to bits, I am actually looking forward to the game with a touch of light optimism. 

How far we have come, that we can play the best team on the planet currently and think we could be in with a shout. 

Wolves did...so we can.

so I here the cries, it dosen't work like that......doesn't it?, it possibly does if the application is there, and it has been for so many Home Games.

I have no doubt, we have the skills to win this game, but If we don't sufficiently compete, equally, I have no doubt we won't.

Edited by TRO

47 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I'd play a compact midfield 4 just to make it tight in the middle. They won't hurt us from the sides as much as they will from popping it around and winning the midfield battle.

Getting Moreno to do a pushed up left back role will gives us some width when needed.

Cash - Konsa - Torres - Moreno

Luiz - Kamara
   McGinn           Ramsey

Diaby
                  Watkins 

Much as I love Ramsey, he doesn't seem to be back to the level needed yet - in his last couple of cameos he's looked well off the pace. I'd keep Tielemans in that role.

As good a time as any for us to play Man City.  We're very good at home, need a bounce back from the Bournemouth game and Man City are without some key players.

That said, they're still a phenomenal side and it's the toughest home game we'll have all season maybe bar Liverpool.  I do worry about a fired up Haaland; particularly in the air against Konsa/Torres.  There's just nothing there that says either defender is winning that duel and I think corners will be a huge issue for us - although, again, a bonus that they're without Rodri.  Carlos at the back probably better suited for the physicality... but less suited to how we like to play.  Slight dilemma for Emery.

Still, it's nice not to be dreading an absolute hiding in this game for a change (even if it could happen!).  Going to be a fascinating watch.

16 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

People going out of their way coming up with hypothetical reasons why City will. Pathetic but par for the course. Negative chicken littles. Does it make people feel better to say I told you so if we lose?

maybe, they can see, inadvance,  why its possible....despite the fantastic run.

Maybe, some test their ability to read the team performances, and predict the outcome, based on that.

Those same people probably sing their heads off supporting the team, in the ground.....and I sincerely hope that continues, even if we are losing.....we have to stay with the team

seeing where we can improve, and stating it, is not negative,( that is a false narrative) its actually positive to seek improvement and discuss it.

Thats what forums like this are for, to have balanced debates good and bad....In the ground, we are ALL unified in getting behind the team, ALL the team, irrespective of the score line.

There is a time and a place to discuss the warts n' all....Match day and during the game, It should be one big partisan atmosphere for the whole game.

Edited by TRO

43 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Woke up this morning with an anticipation I have not felt in many, many years

A clean sheet...pardon the pun.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can’t wait for 8pm, we’ve got as good a chance of beating them as we’ve had in a long time but anything can happen. It’s great to be excited for it and not dreading it for once. 

I sort of am but also slightly bricking it. Looking forward to it because we are exceptional at home, have real quality going forward, they have key players out, and we have our best chance of beating them in years. But also bricking it because we haven’t beaten them since 2013(!), it’s City, our defence is unreliable, we’ve played a bit shit in the last couple of games, and they’ve now gone three league games without a win so logic says they are due one. 

I hope the players are excited and raring to go, because if they are we have a real chance. 

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Can’t wait for 8pm, we’ve got as good a chance of beating them as we’ve had in a long time but anything can happen. It’s great to be excited for it and not dreading it for once. 

Well if we can get a few goals between 8 and 815 we've got a chance

• Haha 1

City are a brilliant team that you can never really be confident of getting a result against, particularly if you're a Villa fan that has had a wariness of good things beaten into you, but if there's any chance of getting one it's now.  Team and manager as high-quality as they've been in this league, riding an immense wave of home form while City have been hit and miss by their own enormous standards and are without some of the most important cogs in their machine. The opportunity is there.

39 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Well if we can get a few goals between 8 and 815 we've got a chance

36 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Hard to defend against goals between 8 pm and 8:15 pm

We should be 20-0 up in that 15 minutes. If we take it easy on them.