Fortress Villa Park

turvontour

I bloody hate how much that Everton cup game is such a stain on how we have to describe our winning win "league and Europe".

Anyway, 'Fortress Villa Park' will face some real tests over the next week couple of weeks.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

I can remember a year ago thinking how cool it would be to win two home games in a row. 

Never been this happy being a Villa fan. I didn't go to the Everton game either so I think the Leicester game was the last time we didn't win at home that I went to. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I can remember a year ago thinking how cool it would be to win two home games in a row. 

Never been this happy being a Villa fan. I didn't go to the Everton game either so I think the Leicester game was the last time we didn't win at home that I went to. 

Yeah been tracking my personal record too which is 13 in a row and I can't go to the Citeh game.

19 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I bloody hate how much that Everton cup game is such a stain on how we have to describe our winning win "league and Europe".

Anyway, 'Fortress Villa Park' will face some real tests over the next week couple of weeks.  Can't wait!

I've said elsewhere, it's the only one I've felt that we didn't want to win, of the run. Which makes sense to some extent given we are giving europe a real go. We were so pedestrian that night. Clearly not under instruction to go out, but really not fussed. Kellyman brought on with 10mins to go for example. 

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

For years, back to back home wins or 3 in a row was amazing. This is just insane. It's really going to be tested in the coming weeks though. 

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

This got me thinking because I actually missed the Leicester game aswell. Its the Liverpool match for me coming up to a year ago. 

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

So just the 17 straight home wins in the league and Europe then.

It's funny how it feels that you become accustomed to winning, it becomes the norm.

Think back to how wild it went when we came back to equaliser against Sheffield United in the championship a few years ago. 

It really is unbelievable. Not just undefeated, 17 straight wins!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

51 points out of 51 won so far. 

I’ve seen comments online trying to belittle this achievement as we’ve not played anyone ‘decent’, but we really have. West Ham, Spurs, Brighton, Newcastle all top half European teams. At this level no matter the opposition it’s a massive achievement. Love it - great to see. My 7 year old lad can’t quite believe that we’re good now! 

Edited by villan-scott

21 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah been tracking my personal record too which is 13 in a row and I can't go to the Citeh game.

I’m not superstitious, but are you sure you can’t go?

22 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

You will damn well make it to the game and stop being so selfish! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villan-scott said:

I’ve seen comments online trying to belittle this achievement as we’ve not played anyone ‘decent’, but we really have. West Ham, Spurs, Brighton, Newcastle all top half European teams. At this level no matter the opposition it’s a massive achievement. Love it - great to see. My 7 year old lad can’t quite believe that we’re good now! 

Yes this annoys me too. It's not like you get 4 or 5 points for a win against Arsenal for instance. It doesn't matter if we aren't to beat Arsenal or Man City, as long as we beat Palace, Everton, Fulham etc near enough every time. 

• Like 1

I think by next Sunday we will still be unbeaten at home. We may lose the winning streak, I for one would be reasonably happy with two draws in the next two home games. 

Points wise it's better to win one and lose one, but more kudos in staying unbeaten. It'll be a step up this week but we're ready, Emery will make sure of it.

• Like 1

Â