Midweek Football 27/30 November

andykeenan

13 minutes ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It may be fun to watch Man United struggle but Newcastle and Man United going out in the group stages could hugely diminish our own champions league chances. 

It could but confidence and momentum are important things also. 

I'd prefer them struggling and be disappointed 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

True but they’re hanging by a thread. The big points are for champions league progression. I don’t think they get many for going through the Europa. 

On the flip side, Man Utd getting clogged up with Europa League fixtures is really good for our chances of finishing above them for the first time in about 35 years. 

• Like 2

I see people making that comparison a lot but I can’t see it myself. Zidane was an absolute magician with the ball at his feet, his range of passing and his close control were off the charts good.  Bellingham is more of a killer, he just hurts the opposition with everything he does.  Some of it might be just how the game has gone, I think if Zidane had been around today he’d have probably played in the opposition box more than he did in his heyday but I dunno, Bellingham doesn’t really remind me of him.  

3 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It may be fun to watch Man United struggle but Newcastle and Man United going out in the group stages could hugely diminish our own champions league chances. 

I couldn't care less, if we deserve the spot then we earned it

If we get in on a technicality its not great

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

In the same way that finishing 4th isn't actually winning anything and shouldn't be celebrated the way that it is... 

I couldn't care less, I'd take it if they still gave out places for fair play, hook or by crook we've got to do it before Newcastle pull away and Chelsea and utd recover, this year is a great year for it

If Newcastle getting far in the CL gets us a CL place then who cares, as long as they don't win anything 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It’s not really a technicality. The places will go to the best leagues based on merit. Fifth will either give champions league or europa league football. I’d much prefer champions league. And it could make a more exciting finish to the season if there were five places up for grabs. It would be a shame to finish fifth and miss out when England is almost always in those top two spots. 

1 hour ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

It’s not really a technicality. The places will go to the best leagues based on merit. Fifth will either give champions league or europa league football. I’d much prefer champions league. And it could make a more exciting finish to the season if there were five places up for grabs. It would be a shame to finish fifth and miss out when England is almost always in those top two spots. 

But we're relying on SaudiCastle who haven't been in the CL for decades and Manure who are absolutely shyte.

In the past England has had 4 good teams in the CL. This year there's only 2.

Â