England v Malta/North Macedonia

andykeenan

Just now, Keyblade said:

Nobody at half-time of a football match: "I can't wait for Joe Cole's analysis of this"

Apparently we've done well and dominated and Macedonia are a bunch of divers. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Got no problem with him being in the squad. He is a talent. But he is right footed. Plays right back or midfield for Citeh.  So for the second game we have had a right footed player at left back who has no experience playing there. Again no problem with that due to the injury crisis at left back but we are pushing it to the left where grealish is isolated.. you have saka and walker on the right. That is where the game should be played. Isolate their right back with 1 2s between Walker and Saka. 

The only time I saw him was vs Burnley opening game of the season on the left

I thought he looked a bit like zinchenko, wasted at left back because he plays anywhere but there, constantly pushing in to the middle, which he's done a fair bit of tonight

Can you imagine how these stupid old boys would react if a Macedonia player had stumbled and shoved Kane or Saka to the ground in the box? Probably can because they get softer penalties than that Maguire example week in, week out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Got no problem with him being in the squad. He is a talent. But he is right footed. Plays right back or midfield for Citeh.  So for the second game we have had a right footed player at left back who has no experience playing there. Again no problem with that due to the injury crisis at left back but we are pushing it to the left where grealish is isolated.. you have saka and walker on the right. That is where the game should be played. Isolate their right back with 1 2s between Walker and Saka. 

Why not just play saka at left back for this game?

1 minute ago, Adman said:

Why not just play saka at left back for this game?

Ask our manager.our high level tactical manager. Who is on record today saying we should strive to be the number 1 ranked team in the world.  And then cannot come up with a plan to cause trouble for the team who are leading us currently.  Fool. 

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Defending Southgate here... **** hell...

Targett isn't good enough, he never will be, this kid ain't there yet but there's every danger he'll get there

I don't see anything wrong with calling him up, that's what these 2 fixtures should be and he should have called more up, he should have Harvey elliot in this squad too or mcatee, he's got palmer now, if he was fit JJ should be there, that's what these fixtures are, dead runners where he can look at his options

the problem is Southgate only called him up because of his club name. If he was Lucas Digne back up here he wouldnt be near the squad

You play the best player available to you now. If a tournament started tomorrow this kid would be destroyed, Netherlands brought a teenage left back to a tournament before and he was so out of his depth it was sad to watch. Even if its a plodder from Newcastle or Fulham they are better than this kid now

I was thinking how I'd try and fix it, perhaps by going 442, allowing Grealish to attack from deeper, and getting midfielders to run into channels to pull them out of their shape, but then I realised the only proper centre midfielder on the bench is Henderson. Our bench is terrible in terms of options for changing shape.

Just now, HKP90 said:

I was thinking how I'd try and fix it, perhaps by going 442, allowing Grealish to attack from deeper, and getting midfielders to run into channels to pull them out of their shape, but then I realised the only proper centre midfielder on the bench is Henderson. Our bench is terrible in terms of options for changing shape.

Kane is on the bench for the deep midfield role 😛 

• Haha 1

Just now, Zatman said:

the problem is Southgate only called him up because of his club name. If he was Lucas Digne back up here he wouldnt be near the squad

You play the best player available to you now. If a tournament started tomorrow this kid would be destroyed, Netherlands brought a teenage left back to a tournament before and he was so out of his depth it was sad to watch. Even if its a plodder from Newcastle or Fulham they are better than this kid now

One might suggest that that is why we have u21 competitions. 

Just now, HKP90 said:

Take Southgate off.  Replace him with a hat stand.

• Haha 2

Thankfully my Southgate boycott means I’m not watching but

Rico Lewis a right back starting at left back 

TAA in midfield 

Maguire at CB 

have we really not got anyone better  for these positions ? 

Â