Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Only watched about 20 mins worth but Fulham have looked the likelier scorers. Manure are jammy bastards though so I’m expecting them to fluke a winner. 

Nailed it sadly

• Sad 1

Always find a way to somehow get 3 points, either through official/VAR dodginess or just blind luck. Absolute terrorist defending ffs the odds of the ball bobbling about like that and not being cleared and falling for a chance is about 250k/1

Fulham reminded me of how we used to set up v Man. United for most of last 20 years.

Play a team bang out of form and show no ambition at all to win the game and just set up for a 0-0 from kick off. Then concede late and moan all week about it.

We should be sticking 3 or 4 past them next weekend.

As I said pre kick off people will probably be moaning now or getting worried that worst Man. United in 30 years are only a few points behind us but we've played a game less, one fewer at home...oh and they're s***.

I don't think they'll reach 60 points this season.

Just now, Villa87 said:

Keeps him in the job longer. 

Yep I think that's the best scenario, getting last minute wins that clings ETH on for a job longer. Would be worse if they sack him now and someone coming in gets them on 5-6 match winning streak.

In a months time they have a run of Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham away and us and Chelsea at home in 7 game stretch so he'll get sacked then especially as they'll probably be out of the CL aswell.

6 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

That's manure for you. There is always something in them of just pulling through with 3pte eventhough they are shit, same in the sheff utd game. Let's say, for us, a performance like this is a guarantee loss.

A side that spends 100ms each summer is always going to win games during a season even if their base level is terrible.

Today was similar to how we won 1-0 v Southampton last season, scrambled goal that Ramsey touched in. It was terrible, we won and then didn't win for another month and he got sacked after ironically we got schooled at Craven Cottage.

Should be asking more why Fulham showed no ambition whatsoever during the second half to win that game. Other than Garnacho what exactly where they scared of yet Silva kept on putting DMs on instead of someone like Tom Cairney?

Everton-Brighton coming up will be interesting.

Bit of a fluke but Everton won 5-1 away v them end of last season which pretty much kept them up so I can see Brighton dropping points again which will benefit us.

Boring set of games otherwise.

Edited by VillaChris

Â