Weekends Football 3/5 November

andykeenan

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There's no way grealish is on that much of a leash but doku isn't, can't be pep

Said it about a month ago in the Grealish thread. Once Doku started playing, I realized it wasn't Pep holding Jack back. Not sure what happened but he's an absolute shadow of his Villa self. 

6 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

That’s 2 players in tears who have gone off the pitch in different games today. I think Scott had a poor injury history too didn’t he? 

a number of people (including myself) questioned why we, and many other teams, weren't in for him...this is why. he was injured when they signed him and seems to have been rushed back.

bournemouth spending 50m on 2 injured midfielders could be their downfall this season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just seen Alex Scott went off before half time, did it look serious?

He was in tears, no stretcher or anything but looked like he instantly knew he was going to be out for the long term. Similar to the Fulham player who went off earlier 

3 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

He was in tears, no stretcher or anything but looked like he instantly knew he was going to be out for the long term. Similar to the Fulham player who went off earlier 

Bournemouth also signed Tyler Adams who is out until February.

Really bizarre transfer strategy from them. Signed half a new team and Iraola dosen't want to start any of them! Sacked Gary O'Neill yet guys like Rothwell and Christie are still starting ahead of likes of Justin Kluivert and Sinistierria who were supposed to take team in different direction.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Said it about a month ago in the Grealish thread. Once Doku started playing, I realized it wasn't Pep holding Jack back. Not sure what happened but he's an absolute shadow of his Villa self. 

Playing with fear imo. Not brave enough.

Scared of losing his place so playing it safe.

i actually thought Burnley might have a chance today, or at least one of their best chances for 3 points considering the Palace lineup and that they are without Olise and Eze, Palace line up with Edouard, Schlupp, Ayew, Lerma and Doucoure as the midfield/attack, looks really, really poor overall.

Â