Midweek Football 3/6 October

andykeenan

52 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

With burn, lascelles and longstaff in the starting 11

Throw in Gordon and almiron too, 5 players who wouldn't get in our starting 11 - pope too but he's OK to be fair - I wouldn't take schar if all our CBs were fit either

Their bench is then piss weak bar livramento too

They're not that good on paper and it's not all Howe because he's not this good on paper either...still convinced the buzz around the place is doing the majority of the heavy lifting, everyone playing out of their skin

Burn was decent at Brighton in fairness as they slowly crept up the league table. I assumed PSG would just try to isolate Mbappe v him but as I didn't watch a single minute assume that didn't happen much.

Longstaff was average. However pretty sure Newcastle went on a long unbeaten run with him in the team last season, lost form when he got injured and now he's got back in they're started winning regularly again.

They are riding the momentum wave....but so have we for the last six months so you have to believe we can continue following their trajectory and this could be us in 12 months time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Burn was decent at Brighton in fairness as they slowly crept up the league table. I assumed PSG would just try to isolate Mbappe v him but as I didn't watch a single minute assume that didn't happen much.

Longstaff was average. However pretty sure Newcastle went on a long unbeaten run with him in the team last season, lost form when he got injured and now he's got back in they're started winning regularly again.

They are riding the momentum wave....but so have we for the last six months so you have to believe we can continue following their trajectory and this could be us in 12 months time.

Mbappe wasn't near Burn, it was mostly Dembele and he did well on him.

Just now, Mr_Dogg said:

Mbappe wasn't near Burn, it was mostly Dembele and he did well on him.

Injuries have pretty much ruined Dembele over last 2-3 years, was a real talent at Rennes and first season at Dortmund.

Probably the next one Chelsea try to buy for 80m based on very little output.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

All four Newcastle scorers played under Steve Bruce

maybe his media mates can spin this and get him the United job

Well, if it was us, Joe Cole would be crediting him for putting the building blocks in place for Howe to succeed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Well, if it was us, Joe Cole would be crediting him for putting the building blocks in place for Howe to succeed. 

Yes that didn’t go unnoticed by me on Saturday. I’m sick of the constant credit Stevie Me gets from his media pals. It was largely Dean Smith that put these building blocks in place, while Gerrard shoved some bricks up his arse. 

Anyways that’s off topic. Deano would be a good fit for Wednesday, provided they let him build to get promoted from League one next year (I think they’re doomed this season). 

Bruce to United would be the best appointment in my lifetime, there or thereabouts.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Sheffield Wednesday job for deano? Knows the club, fans would like him, problem is under chansiri it could be a disaster due to no fault of his own….

Good club for Dean to give it another go.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Can't believe clubs are still hiring Mark Hughes. Has he had any success at any level?

Well... yes. He has had much success getting clubs to hire him. 😉

Must have a great agent.

Â