Jareth

2 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Let’s clear this up now…we are one of four teams currently in the title race. Whether we will win it or not remains to be seen but we’re challenging…until we drop off by a 5/6 point gap we’re in it

Bingo

• Like 1

We are doing what Newcastle did last year, difference being we've won more and the top two are with distance. This is how the rest of the country will see us and won't take us seriously. I guess enjoy it whilst we can, top 4 needs to be the aim now.

Screenshot_20231217-214437.png

27 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We won’t win the league but we’ve got every chance of being top of the table at the halfway stage! 

Why so negative? If we are top at the mid way point it means we are best of the bunch at the mid way point and face all 19 teams again with nothing to fear.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Why so negative? If we are top at the mid way point it means we are best of the bunch at the mid way point and face all 19 teams again with nothing to fear.

Fair point, just can’t see it. Can’t picture a world where we finish above City, Arsenal or Liverpool tbh 

40 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

Let’s clear this up now…we are one of four teams currently in the title race. Whether we will win it or not remains to be seen but we’re challenging…until we drop off by a 5/6 point gap we’re in it

I’d say one of 5 teams, I think Spurs are still there and will get slightly stronger as their injuries clear up. 

29 minutes ago, supermon said:

We are doing what Newcastle did last year, difference being we've won more and the top two are with distance. This is how the rest of the country will see us and won't take us seriously. I guess enjoy it whilst we can, top 4 needs to be the aim now.

Screenshot_20231217-214437.png

As ever, the consistency is key.

At this point:

Arsenal had dropped points in 3 games

Man City in 5 Games

Newcastle in 9 Games.

In the second half of the season,

Man City dropped points in a further 5 Games

Arsenal  in 9

Newcastle in 10

If we want to win the league, we probably need to win 16/21 remaining games. Arsenal didn't have the consistency, Newcastle just weren't at the right level throughout the season. Maybe Arsenal can find it this year as their young squad gains experience. But either way, whoever wins the league from here is probably winning something in the region of 16 more games.

A tall order, but we don't face a contender until April. It's in our hands to find that consistency over the next 4 months

Edited by HalfTimePost

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fair point, just can’t see it. Can’t picture a world where we finish above City, Arsenal or Liverpool tbh 

This time last year could you picture us third? What about two years ago?

I'm just savouring the moment.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

I still think man city's £500m bench comes in to play in March and wins them the league 

But to say we're not in it is madness 

City won't win because they haven't replaced Gundogan and Mahrez, Gvardiol isn't that good and Walker isn't good enough anymore to be starting every game. Arsenal have improved from last season with Rice and could add more clinical striker in Jan and us and Liverpool are in the mix