Jareth

3 hours ago, ejs1111 said:

What is also incredible about this table...  Villa lost to Pool and Newcastle combined 8-1.  -7 GD...  Villa are now +13 GD.  Our offensive output has been simply staggering all season.  31 goals in 13 Premier League matches.  We are on pace for 90 goals this season- NINETY!!

That type of offensive output is the main reason why we will be in the top4 contention all season.  Villa are an offensive juggernaut this season.  Every match teams know we are likely to score 2-3 goals against them.  Its like playing against prime Citeh offensively- that puts massive pressure on the opposing team to try and stop us.

UTV

Bang on. I feel we can outscore most teams in this league. Can we keep it going, I hope so 🤞

• Like 1

On Premier League Extra, they had a segment about title contenders, and they put up a graphic with the badges of Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, and....the Premier League trophy. 🙄

No mention of Villa during the segment. 

On 26/11/2023 at 13:25, Mantis said:

1 point behind a Man City team many regard as nigh-unstoppable, and we've only scored 2 less goals than them as well.

And they've lost to worse sides than Villa.

Just now, maqroll said:

On Premier League Extra, they had a segment about title contenders, and they put up a graphic with the badges of Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, and....the Premier League trophy. 🙄

No mention of Villa during the segment. 

For me, at this stage that’s ok. If they had done those three clubs and also added and spoke about Spurs, Man Utd as contenders…i.e. bypassing and ignoring us, then I might perceive it as a slight.

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

For me, at this stage that’s ok. If they had done those three clubs and also added and spoke about Spurs, Man Utd as contenders…i.e. bypassing and ignoring us, then I might perceive it as a slight.

Except that we are presently equal on points with Liverpool. It's a slight!

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Except that we are presently equal on points with Liverpool. It's a slight!

I guess I just don’t expect them to talk about us in the context of the race.

If we’re still in touching distance by the midway point, I will be more inclined to expect a mention, even it’s discussed in a “Well, stranger things have happened!!” dismissive type way.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If we’re still in touching distance by the midway point, I will be more inclined to expect a mention, even it’s discussed in a “Well, stranger things have happened!!” dismissive type way.

I was pleased that the Guardian Football podcast mentioned Villa-Spurs first.

Whenever I hear the word “contender,” I always think about Terry Malloy and sad, self-pitying people in black and white. “Being a contender” feels alluring to me but also sort of empty, too. Still, it’s a hell of a lot better than we were 14 months ago.

14 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Whenever I hear the word “contender,” I always think about Terry Malloy and sad, self-pitying people in black and white. “Being a contender” feels alluring to me but also sort of empty, too. Still, it’s a hell of a lot better than we were 14 months ago.

Palookaville FC is our next feeder club

17 hours ago, maqroll said:
On 26/11/2023 at 18:25, Mantis said:

1 point behind a Man City team many regard as nigh-unstoppable, and we've only scored 2 less goals than them as well.

And they've lost to worse sides than Villa.

To be fair we are flying at the moment but City look to be struggling a bit at the moment, that’s why we are so close.  Once City find their groove which tends to happen in the second half of the season is when they turn on the after burners and move away from all others.

17 hours ago, maqroll said:
17 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Except that we are presently equal on points with Liverpool. It's a slight

I agree with Mark, I don’t see it as a slight.  I don’t think it matters that we are on the same points as Liverpool,  it’s still reasonable that it is seen as a battle between the big three and like Mark says if Spurs or Man Utd were mentioned we’d have more right to see as a slight but at the moment I still see the title winner between those three with City imo being about 90% to win it.  

Post the festive period then it’ll be more of a discussion but after 13 games imo it’s too early to put us in that bracket just as it was too early 3 games ago to include Spurs when they were top of the table.

21 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

They didn’t mention is after we’d won the league in 1981, so it’s not really a surprise and helps to keep us under the radar. Still, “would you want to bet against us?

If we're serious about winning the title then have to stop messing about with results like today's, two points from Bournemouth, Forest, and Wolves not good enough. To make up for that we would probably need at least four from the next two, and that would only just be the beginning as would need to be near faultless until the end of the season, no more poor away performances to poor to average teams, to even stand a chance I think we would have to strengthen in January to maintain title winning form.

• Like 2