Cup final 2/6 pre match

Pinebro

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If we rotate against wolves we’ll get beat 

That’s the catch-22. But we need these conference games and I could see Unai going with a relatively defensive gameplan against Wolves for his rotation players. 

Now calling Europa league groups stage matches "cup final" is a bit OTT. 😉

Other than knowing they're Bosnian I genuinely know nothing about Zrinjski. That however is part of the charm of european runs.

Will go for a solid 3-0 win. I think we'll be o.k playing the Everton team in this.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

That’s the catch-22. But we need these conference games and I could see Unai going with a relatively defensive gameplan against Wolves for his rotation players. 

Big game Thursday we need a convincing win which I think we’ll get but some of these foreign teams are tricky . I’d maybe go strong first half and see if we can end the game, then make some changes second half. Full strength v wolves because they always seem to do us lately at their place . 

• Like 2

I'm tired of playing poorly trying to force a rotation that our squad is not ready for.  rotate one or two max.  if we're in control, give somemore a late rest.  i would rather lose becuase we are too tired than lose because we start too weak.

• Like 2

Would it really matter if it results in a higher league position at the end of the season ?We are not equipped for all these matches at present. Another couple of transfer windows and that might be the case. We as a fan base were desperate for European football but perhaps it came too early. Play in Europa Conference this year get experience,, qualify for Europa league next year and use this years experience after that who knows.

5 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Think Unai will pick a strong XI and rotate for Wolves instead. 

Not going to happen, the number one priority is to do well in the Premier League.

Since there is an international break after the Wolves games, it could be possible more players will play in both fixtures. 

• Like 4

I'm hoping that we start with a pretty much full strength team. If we do well and have a decent lead, then start making changes and resting key players for Wolves. We slipped up against Warsaw, and we can't afford to give ourselves another mountain to climb. 

As much as I think the the Premier League is the priority, I REALLY want us to go all out and win this thing. We're out of the Carabao Cup, so that's slightly less fixture congestion. Let's just go balls out and try and bring a winnable trophy home this season.

• Like 4